Discussion/proposal: Center lost password/back links on login page

Awesome work, as always. In the second screenshot, without privacy link the “go to” link changes color to blue. Is that intentional? I would think keeping it dark gray wound be more consistent.

Yeah, it adopted a parent style. I didn’t hate it, so, I just left it as is – hence the “pick it apart” part.

EDIT: The “visit site” link is dark gray with or without privacy policy in the actual PR. I think I was hovering that link when I took the screenshot. I updated the screenshot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it is a bad idea to have the privacy policy link on the same line as the lost password link.

2 Likes

You might add that to the PR. :slight_smile:

Let’s move @anon71687268’s PR into a formal petition, if we see community consensus around the implementation as shown then let’s move forward with the PR in 1.5.0.

1 Like

So far, we do not see community consensus on what to change here. Please move more carefully, starting by adopting the changes that WP has already made here and reviewing the surrounding discussions.

1 Like

I’ve closed this PR as needless. Apparently, someone will have to go over the historical reasoning behind the login screen and links before anything can be done. Another PR that meets the need can be opened when that’s all figured out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Closing this, as discussion has since moved here: Center lost password/back links on login page

1 Like