Draft of the Theme Directory Review Process based off the plugin ones. I’m not a theme expert so welcome any feedback from theme developers and others.
All themes submitted to the ClassicPress Theme Directory will be reviewed by the Theme Review Team. The basic process used for reviews is outlined below:
- Verify the theme name and subject matter are acceptable.
- Verify the presence of a GitHub release and download the release or source code zip (a release zip is recommended, but not required).
- Check the readme and theme header for required information (e.g. licence/tags/etc.)
- Make sure the readme is clear and contains no contradictory information.
- Run theme through wpcs to check for major issues (tabbing, indenting and other minor issues will be ignored).
- Upload theme to a test environment with define('WP_DEBUG', true); and activate; check for any errors on front and back ends.
- Check theme for Theme Directory Guidelines violations.
- Detail and issues found and email developer from [email protected].
- If no issues are found, approve theme.