Failed to download update

I’ve just downloaded the migration plugin, gone through all the steps (all green lights) and pressed migrate and I get the following:

Downloading update from https://github.com/ClassyBot/ClassicPress-nightly/releases/download/1.0.0%2Bmigration.20190305/ClassicPress-nightly-1.0.0-migration.20190305.zip…

Download failed.: cURL error 7:

Installation Failed

Where did you download from? I don’t know if I’m 100% correct, but it might be an outdated version of the migrate plugin.

This might be the switcher you’re looking for.

1 Like

Yup, that’s the one I downloaded. V 1.0.0. Just double-checked.

2 Likes

Then it might be a problem with your hosting provider’s cURL. Maybe contact them?

2 Likes

It looks as though this was a denied outgoing connection. I will have to have another coffee before I try again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see, good luck! Enjoy your coffee :coffee:

2 Likes

From php - How to resolve cURL Error (7): couldn't connect to host? - Stack Overflow

CURL error code 7 (CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT) means Failed to connect() to host or proxy.

Your server blocked the connection to GitHub.com to download the upgrade.

Do you have any plugins installed that modify the upgrade process? Otherwise this is something your hosting provider will have to fix.

1 Like

Not that I know of, just Yoast. It looks to be a blocked outgoing connection, which I can unblock before I try again.

2 Likes

Just to say I finally manged to move the site over. It took more than a couple of coffees :coffee: but I made it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What ended up being the problem with the upgrade? How did you fix it?

1 Like

It was as my host had said a denied outgoing connection. I ended up allowing all the denied IP addresses (only about 4 or 5) as I couldn’t fathom out which was the culprit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.