formBuilder plugin

I have spent much of the last few days looking for a good forms plugin for a new project. None has impressed me so far. They are all so bloated, and many of them want to impose their own CSS.

Can’t someone just take formbuilder.js or formeo and turn them into a CP plugin? Please!

Alas there’s no “just” about either of those, but it sounds like a fun Sunday Project - I’ll have a play.

Thanks! I can make formbuilder.js create forms (with forms as a CPT accessible to the REST API with ) using AJAX and the REST API. My problem is that I can’t get those forms to populate back into formbuilder when I go to edit them.

I have disabled TinyMCE and buttons with the following code:

function kts_disable_tiny_forms( $default ) {
	global $pagenow, $typenow;

if ( 'form' == $typenow && 'post.php' == $pagenow ) {
		return false;
	}
}
add_filter( 'user_can_richedit', 'kts_disable_tiny_forms' );

function kts_remove_quicktags_forms_editor( $settings ) {

$settings['quicktags'] = false;
		return $settings;
	}
}
add_filter( 'wp_editor_settings', 'kts_remove_quicktags_forms_editor' );

function kts_remove_media_button_forms_editor() {

remove_action( 'media_buttons', 'media_buttons' );
    }
    }

add_action( 'admin_head', 'kts_remove_media_button_forms_editor' );

So that leaves me with with an HTML textarea with an ID of content. When I go to edit a form CPT, naturally that loads the relevant HTML. So I put that in session storage, load formbuilder.js, and then try to retrieve what’s in session storage back into formbuilder. Console.log tells me that session storage is working; I obviously just haven’t worked out how to put it into formbuilder properly.

Well, that’s one way to do it :wink:

I’ve the CPT part working, “just” need to do the shortcode.