Forum user groups feedback

I am glad it is useful :slightly_smiling_face:

I will also be adding the user group links to the welcome post so new users can quickly find their way into those groups and so it isn’t hidden in the groups tab.

5 Likes

Is it possible to display multiple titles? Does this feature exist?

5 Likes

All of this is excellent! It will get more theme and plugin developers, as well as hosting providers involved. This can only be good for CP awareness. The recognition is really appreciated and supports us as well.

I think it’s also great for visitors and CP users as they can find targeted information they might be looking for!

Looks like a win win to me. :+1:

5 Likes

This isn’t a feature of Discourse, but I do have a couple of ideas on how we could add this. I am still thinking it through and likely won’t implement anything until the new year :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Wade.

2 Likes

I’m still not finding one that fits with me though. Could we perhaps add “Cowboy Coder”?

5 Likes

I thought professionally they are called “Code Wrangler” or at least that’s what I kept telling myself since I was once upon a time a “Cowboy Builder” :innocent:

4 Likes

I’m more of a “Code Mangler” :rofl:

4 Likes

Cowboy Coder and Code Cowboy aren’t necessarily used as positive terms. Perhaps you might fit under “Website Developer” or something similar. I wanted “Turner of Feature Requests into Bugs at 60 WPM” but that seemed a bit long. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, that’s why I thought they were a better fit for me. :wink: Code mangler is quite apt too.

3 Likes

Actually that probably comes closest and I like it. If @wadestriebel were to add that in, I’d definitely use it.

4 Likes

I think that’s a nice fit, as well.

3 Likes

I like the “Website Developer” title, I will come back to this in the new year when I look at other options at the same time. I will add a topic reminder so I don’t forget :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Got the topic reminder today! Here is the new Website Developer group :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did you manage to come up with a solution that allowed multiple titles to be displayed?

2 Likes

Forgot about that, I’ll come back to this when I get home :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So there is no automated way to add multiple titles, the only work around is manually editting the titles. Only mods and admins can do this, from what I can see.

I would rather users choose the title they most closely relate to. That being said, they will still show up in each group, which we now link to in the welcome message.

(we could probably do some more fine-tuning on the welcome message, so if anyone has a suggestion for an edit please use the “Reply as linked topic”)

So, for now, if you would like a mix of two titles you can reach out to me and I will add it for you. Keep in mind, you must already be in the two groups you want to mix, and adding yourself to another group may override your title :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aot of us have multiple skills.But I like the idea of one group per individual, and choosing the most relevant skill.

5 Likes

That’s OK. It was just a thought. It’s not worth going to any trouble but thanks for looking into it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.