The following is my assessment of LightningBase, based on my own experience. Please feel free to add your thoughts in this thread.
- Free SSL using Let’s Encrypt
- Ability to choose PHP version
- Litespeed Servers
- SFTP access
- Memcached available (which I use)
- Redis available (haven’t tried)
- Solid support, which becomes quite incredible support if you get the owner, Chris Piepho
- Consistently outstanding in terms of both speed and reliability. See also the annual WordPress Hosting Benchmarks survey at ReviewSignal
- Affiliate program
- Does not perform updates automatically, so does not switch sites from ClassicPress back to WordPress
- If you have a more esoteric query, support might misunderstand at first, before it gets referred up to Chris.