Installatron response

This is a huge effort, and at least 90% was done by @1stepforward, I just answered a few questions :slight_smile:

Thank you again for pushing on this!

6 Likes

Please let us know when this is finalized… my Tweet finger is getting itchy. :smiley:

3 Likes

Just be aware that cPanel will need to update Installatron before it appears as an option, and I’m not sure how often that happens or whether it rolls out differently for different hosts.

Wouldn’t want you to do a premature tweet. :grin:

[…and speaking of itchy fingers, I am itching to try that new Update Manager. :wink: ]

4 Likes

You know how to poop a party don’t you? :rofl:

Installatron updates are usually done nightly via cron and anyone running WHM can update Installatron manually at any time.

Also, Installatron isn’t just a cPanel thing. It also works with DirectAdmin, Plesk and Virtualmin…so between the four of them, we should see it coming to a hosting company near you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Just to keep you posted. There is a slight delay in adding ClassicPress to the Installatron catalog.

Changing the tagline from “Just another ClassicPress site” to “Another great website powered by ClassicPress” was not quite as straightforward as first thought. Installatron discovered a bug which prevented the tagline from being changed.

The bug has now been fixed and the CP install script is now awaiting internal approval which I’m told should take approx. 4 days.

So, within the next week or so… :grinning:

11 Likes

We have good news.

It’s there. We’re finally live in Installatron v9.1.48-3.

I’ve asked them to change the category label from “blog” to “cms” but that’s a minor issue.

One down…

13 Likes

That is great to see, thank you for all your hard work getting that on there :slightly_smiling_face:

@klein, it may be worth a blog post if you are looking for some content :sunglasses:

5 Likes

yes, indeed

5 Likes

Cool… the default share didn’t look very compelling on social.

…and great job seeing this through, @1stepforward!

6 Likes

Thanks y’all. :slightly_smiling_face:

And thanks to @james too of course, even if he did only “answer a few questions:wink:

6 Likes

Great work Tim and James. WEll done.

Time to put the pressure on Softaculous now. I’ll mention it on their forum. :wink:

6 Likes

I’ve just been removing all my sites from Softaculous and adding them in to manage by Installatron. Super easy if you haven’t done it before. Click on the CP icon and then use the little menu icon to right of “Install this application”. Select “import existing application” and follow the prompts.

5 Likes

@1stepforward thank you so much for pursuing this; and thanks to @james for your help as well! This is great!

4 Likes