Is Yoast Toast?

Interesting though! :popcorn:

3 Likes

Thanks, @viktor, that’s a slick tool. Things kind of went off on a tangent with the active/passive voice, but, that was just one aspect that I rely on for SEO.

1 Like

That is a great tool. Worrying though. I just put in an article I wrote years ago (and had published) and there’s a mass of suggestions. Hardly any white.

3 Likes

We’ll have to wait and see what happens with v1 and v2. If we have enough customers on CP, I’m sure I’ll be able to get my devs to come up with a solution fork or not.

4 Likes

I rely on Yoast for many things–though I don’t trust any computer program with either grammar or spelling, and switch that off. I believe somebody suggested building SEO into CP so a plugin isn’t necessary; I see that Ghost already does that. The less reliant CP is on WP plugins, the more attractive it should be.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: There is a new “Joost”

Rank Math Rank Math SEO – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org have all features of free and premium Yoast, but without bloat. Plus smart decision to let users not to install not needed functionality (like support of AMP, etc.)

I can confirm Rank Math works great, without issues. I see it as a strong alternative to Yoast.

On the other side, in Rank Math SEO Plugin | Facebook they expressed no plans to support CP. But I think that our community can help to revert the decision. Especially now, when Yoast founder becomes the part of the WP.

4 Likes

I tried Rank Math and didn’t look back. Will probably switch out Yoast even on my WP blogs. I think it is a relatively new plugin and all features are free so far. Migrates data from Yoast smoothly. Very excellent features. Will probably drop in for Yoast for the most part AND make your coffee. Worth contacting the developer.

That said, I don’t optimize keywords and such, so I don’t know if there is a difference in quality of suggestions. I just write and trust Google to have better AI than anything I install. If the content is good, Google finds it and uses it. I do use schema and such and have an SEO plugin installed in case some article would do better with me stating what it is about, etc.

2 Likes

Thank you fo coffe :slight_smile:

If you liked Rank Math, please, contact plugin authors (maybe, on facebook group) and ask to support ClassicPress. Pressure from plugin users to support CP will greatly help to convince plugin authors to pay attention to us. Thank you.

1 Like

I had an email conversation with the authors of Rank Math and they seem to think they are supporting ClassicPress.

Exact quote.

We are supporting WordPress 4.9.8-4.9.9 and thus the ClassicPress.

I have suggested that they state it officially at some point, because it is hard for ClassicPress community to know whether the compatibility is because the initial fork is near identical to WordPress or whether they would have fixed things if there was an issue.

8 Likes

Function available for newest update of Rank Math to move the metabox to the bottom of the admin screen (eg, below custom fields you may have added).

1 Like

I just gave Rank Math a try this weekend and it seems pretty good but it’s definitely challenging to get everything “in the green”, so to speak…

2 Likes

That isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It means you have to work harder on your pages than with Yoast, so maybe the standards are higher.

That said, a lot of that stuff that gets the green light is just a rough guide and not always a necessity for good SEO.

I have Rank Math on my test site and will probably convert from Yoast on the live site.

1 Like

Not quite…this is the comms I got from them

We support WordPress 4.9.9 and thus ClassicPress.
If ClassicPress changes anything, we do not intend to support them separately.

1 Like

This sounds more like it’s compatible for now, rather than actually supporting ClassicPress.

2 Likes

I think this is going to be the case for most existing plugins until CP has a user base large enough to justify the additional effort to specifically support CP.

3 Likes

Absolutely, @raygulick. It’s important we understand the difference, so we ca make the best decisions going forward.

2 Likes

If you think about it, I doubt many plugin developers would guarantee to always support Wordpress if changes happen that make it unfeasible so to do.

3 Likes

It’s not about guarantees; it’s about intent and perception of viability. Plugin devs will cater to markets they consider viable. WP represents a big market, so I think most plugin devs (unless they decide to throw in the towel or place their bet on CP’s just emerging market) will ask “How high?” when WP says “Jump!”

2 Likes

More from mythemeshop, looking better:

We do not have any plans of dropping the support for WordPress 4.9.9 since we ourselves use Classic Editor on many of our web properties.

1 Like