List of themes for ClassicPress

First of all Happy New Year to the CP community

List of themes for ClassicPress
Is there a place or directors of all themes that work or are intended exclusively for ClassicPress?
I’ve already had issues with some themes that are a theme for WP, and then all of a sudden they stop working on CP and break my page.
I see it has a directory for plugins, but what about a directory for themes

1 Like

There’s no directory as of yet

@getkoded007 has developed a few themes that work with CP, I think @timkaye and @joyously also created each one, and you can find some theme houses making their themes compatible with CP (best is a google search for “ClassicPress Themes” to see the few results)

1 Like

I wonder why themes are always so left behind.
But there were 56,000 themes in the WP repo before the block editor happened. A few of those might be using PHP which is old, but there really is not much to have different in a theme between WP and CP. I have submitted a PR to enhance themes in CP, though.

1 Like

I have couple more to go but have been lazy in the last few months, but will get to it soon.

1 Like

The current theme I use is Gaming Mag
Gaming Mag – WordPress theme | WordPress.org
Recently updated and still running (from WP 4.7 and later)
I am afraid that it will completely switch to Gutenberg and then I am in unpicked grapes.
I wasted hours and hours adjusting it to my online gaming page.
http://igrarazbibriga.com/

well it just depends on the theme author if they want to complete convert a classic theme to blocks, but that’s to me a big change to deal with. I’m sure some of the themes will remain the same for years without touching the codes or the theme design. I thnk you’re safe for another couple of years or so.

That is a child theme, so it’s unlikely to change.

Go to the website from Andre which is called Roughpixels.com. Nice themes and Andre is a great guy.

2 Likes

The themes by RoughPixels (Themes by Rough Pixels | WordPress.org) don’t work anymore. Version 5.0 of Wordpress needed…

Hi Danny…is there a specific theme that is not working, or is it the labeling of “Version needed” creating the question of whether it works in ClassicPress?

As a side note, I think I better start converting my themes to dedicated CP themes (break them away from the combined CP and WP versions) while keeping the WP versions on their own.

I tried Prologe-lite 1.0.9 and Alurra.1.0.3. Both free themes on WP. On Wordpress the themes work fine.

Very nice themes!

Seems Prologue requires WP v5.0.3 since it uses wp_unique_id. And Alurra requires 5.2.0 since it uses wp_body_open.

wp_body_open was backported to CP in 1.3.0. So theme should work.

Hmm…I think I will have to try the themes out again on a local test site using CP; just to make sure they all work :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I guess I better get a jump on converting my themes to a CP version as soon as possible.

5 Likes