Meet the Community: Ilya Ivanov

Originally published at: https://www.classicpress.net/blog/meet-the-community-ilya-ivanov/

Your name: Ilya Ivanov ClassicPress Slack Handle: @norske ClassicPress Forum Handle: @norske Social media handles: @norskes (Instagram & Facebook) Where in the world are you located? Vitebsk, Belarus. Website: Oh, that’s funny. I’ve been building and supporting websites for ages, but have no personal one since ~2010 :slightly_smiling_face: Typically once a year I think “Well,…

10 Likes

Oh yeah, I know that feeling haha.

4 Likes

I noticed this when I spent a couple of weeks in Europe! By the end of my stay with family I was hiking regularly and I really missed it once I was back to “normal” life.

4 Likes

Quoted for truth and 100% agreement!

I think we should do another round of improvements to our translation infrastructure to get ready for this (including making sure that all of what you have previously started to contribute here is released). Other than that, let’s chat about what you think would be a “remarkable 1.x release” for this market.

5 Likes

Thanks for the post, Alan!

In my country they call it kinda “barefooted shoemaker” :slight_smile: One day I’ll pay someone else for building a site for me and that would be really ironic :slight_smile:

Well, one more good reason to visit Europe again :slight_smile:

I don’t mean we should do all this immidiately or spend much time on it. Just another one opportunity, a secondary one. No obligations, no deadlines :slight_smile: And yes, happy to discuss detailes in Slack by occasion, when we have some time for #random talks)

5 Likes

I definitely planning on going back to Europe, I have family living there and I really do miss the lifestyle! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s unfortunate that there is nowhere at all to hike in Canada. :wink:

6 Likes

Touché :wink: But at home life is go-go-go so it is tough to find time :slight_smile:

4 Likes