Meet the Community: Laurence Bahiirwa

Originally published at: Meet the Community: Laurence Bahiirwa | ClassicPress

I have been a freelancing web developer but now teach high schoolers; I have to put on a shirt and proper pants.

11 Likes

I can’t say I agree with these steak opinions. Steak should be raw.

3 Likes

Medium rare for me :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Medium for me also… :laughing:
On a serious note… Kudos!

3 Likes

For me it’s best slow-cooked with ground cardamom pods, onion, tomatoes, garam masala and lots of freshly ground pepper.

Really enjoyed reading about Laurence and imagining his life in Uganda. It never occurred to me the problems that legitimate buyers must have with e-commerce. It’s very impressive that he is working to find a solution.

4 Likes

Very special creature…
These lines speak more than enough for the future gen.

What’s your dream job?
I am doing it. Learning, teaching and sharing what I know.

Good job there Laurence.

6 Likes

I’m proud to announce my 1/4 Ugandan heritage but c’mon man, well done steak? Anything past medium rare then you ain’t never had a true steak :wink:

4 Likes

Well, I agree with you on the steak. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s always interesting to see what part of the profile gets the most attention. I think “steak” is the winner here! :cut_of_meat: :+1:

4 Likes

I think it’s because little things like steaks makes us all humans. I mean, everyone loves steak, in a way or another, but steak.

3 Likes

The world united by steaks

3 Likes

You had me at steak.

:cut_of_meat:

3 Likes

This is super cool :slight_smile:

I had a friend who runs a company to help provide pre-paid electricity service, with metering and billing. They are active in a few countries in Africa, and from what I remember, billing and connectivity are their biggest challenges in those markets.

I am really glad to hear this :raised_hands: I feel like there is always more we can do here, since at the moment a lot of things I think we need to do in order to best support our community are mostly stored inside my or @invisnet’s heads… Let’s keep working on that together :slight_smile:

And, medium-rare or medium (with a nice charcoal-grilled sear on the outside of course) for me. Though @ozfiddler’s slow-cooked and spiced method sounds delicious as well…

2 Likes