Meet the Community: Lesley Jones

Originally published at: Meet the Community: Lesley Jones | ClassicPress

Our assorted zoo, which at the moment comprises 11 cats (mostly rescues from Eastern Europe), 6 rescued ferrets (who have the run of their own room), 2 llamas and 4 Golden Guernsey goats. We have had more – up to 18 cats at one time, 17 ferrets, a rescued pig, ex-battery hens and a fully grown green iguana (who also had her own room converted into a giant vivarium).

10 Likes

The more of these spotlights we do the more I realize how diverse a group we have involved with ClassicPress. It is amazing to get to know everyone that little bit more! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I like how when you find out some more about them, their usernames makes so much more sense.

Zooey… :grin: … now I know it rhymes with “zoo”.

6 Likes

Anyone who calls one of her animals after Eddie Izzard is fine with me!

4 Likes

Yes! I kept hearing it in my head as Zoh-ee …

3 Likes

And here I thought we had a lot of animals (4 cats)…

As I’ve said before (or at least I’ve thought it to myself multiple times) I’ve really enjoyed reading everyone’s answers to the “done fast / done cheap / done well” question.

Four paint tins and a roll of garden fleece — That was the equipment needed to take the photograph above. Obviously that wasn’t everything…
blog post

I see my own mentality reflected in this example. “What do we have to do in order to do a really good job with this, even if it takes a little longer or costs more?”

2 Likes

4 cats would seem like an empty house here. It must have been over thirty years since I last had less than ten :laughing:

5 Likes