Meet the Community: Patrick van Noort

Originally published at: Meet the Community: Patrick Klein | ClassicPress

The Basics ClassicPress Slack Handle: Klein ClassicPress Forum Handle: Klein Social media handles: I don’t really use Social Media Website: I don’t have a personal website. Where in the world are you located? The Netherlands Tell us about yourself — occupation, hobbies, etc. I am an avid reader and lover of history. I often study historical figures just out…

11 Likes

I want to make a full disclosure seeing as this thread uses my old name and I don’t know if editing it will break the link: Since this was published I have gone through a name change. Patrick Klein is now my official legal name, but at the time of this thread being published my legal name was Patrick van Noort.

It has been corrected in the article on ClassicPress.net, so don’t be confused if you are reading there, haha.

4 Likes

The Discourse plugin is finicky so editing would definitely break it :wink:

I’m curious about the name change, was this something you had been planning for a while?

2 Likes

Oh yes, this was something I had been planning for a long time, which is why I already used Klein for my username :wink:

3 Likes

Just curious if there is any exciting story behind that decision (but not sure if it’s polite to ask :slight_smile: ) People sometimes change their names for very unusual reasons)

1 Like

Oh, the story is actually quite simple. van Noort is the name of my biological father. I haven’t seen him for about 12 years, so I decided to take on the name of my late grandfather, Klein.

5 Likes