Merry Christmas

Wishing everyone who celebrates it, a safe and Merry Christmas and New Year. :christmas_tree:

We still call it that in Australia, even though we are a multicultural country, with people from over 100 countries living here.

For those who don’t celebrate it, enjoy the break anyway. It’s certainly been an interesting year on here and no doubt next year will be even more so.

Enjoy.

10 Likes

Thank you!
All my best wishes to you and everyone else in this fantastic community!
Simone.

6 Likes

Happy Christmas everyone.

And to all of our Antipodean friends…what’s it like having Christmas in the middle of summer? “Normal” is probably the answer to that. Seems weird to me. :slight_smile:

All the best!

8 Likes

Lots of watermelon and cold beer, which usually ends up with everyone drunk and spoiling for a fight by mid-afternoon. Trying to eat a big meal in the middle of the day, when it’s 40 degrees Celsius is not much fun.

Some people have a “Christmas in July” instead, which means no crowds to battle on the roads or in the shops.

It’s a bit dangerous getting drunk when you’re at the bottom of the globe - you could fall off :rofl:

8 Likes

Our Christmas so far has been preparing the house and watching and waiting. Fires have moved south now, and they did a great job of keeping it out of our town. I live in the middle, about at the ‘a’ of Blackheath.

I hope everyone enjoys a good break. Stay safe!

7 Likes

I hope you continue to stay safe @ozfiddler.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

7 Likes

That puts a whole new perspective on things. Scary! Hope you’re OK.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s been a horror start to the bushfire season, with over 1,000 homes lost and several dead. We have broken the hottest day record in several states and have had weeks of above 40 degree temperatures for 3 - 5 days at a time.

There are fires all over Australia, with it being the hottest continent on earth for December. Some places reached 50 degrees and that’s in the shade. It’s going to be a long, hot summer.

4 Likes

I’ve seen reports on the news and it just looks like hell at times. I really can’t begin to imagine what it must be like to live with that. The temperatures are bad enough (I begin to melt at anything above 20 degrees) but the fires must be terrifying. Stay safe! And no fighting. :slight_smile:

3 Likes