Migrate Plugin After Install Showing Up as Needing Update

Can’t tell you how happy I am that ClassicPress is moving forward.

I used the plugin migrator and everything went well. Converted the site over the ClassicPress. I then installed the Divi theme and all is good.

I noticed the updates tabs show an update is available for the ClassicPress plugin. Upon clicking the update now button, you get the following error:

Downloading update from https://github.com/ClassicPress/ClassicPress-release/archive/1.0.0-beta1.zip…

Unpacking the update…

The package could not be installed.: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure

Installation Failed

I just downloaded the newest version from the repo so I’m thinking the update is false flag since it already is the newest version?

1 Like

I tend to agree that this might be a false flag. I will open an issue on Github as we have had similar reports.

That being said, I am glad everything else went smoothly!

Edit: Github Issue opened.

This is not an upgrade notification for the plugin, it’s the link that you click to switch to ClassicPress.

I am also confused by this report. Installing the migration plugin does not install ClassicPress. You posted an error that indicates your site was not succesfully switched over to ClassicPress.

I downloaded the plugin. Uploaded to generic site running 2017 theme, activated and migrated it.

It shows me the ClassicPress info now so it worked.

ClassicPress 1.0.0-alpha1+migration.20181120 running [Divi]

Under the Updates link in the top left dashboard, it shows there is one update which says:

An updated version of ClassicPress is available.

But if you click Update Now button, you get the error I described.

ClassicPress is running and since I downloaded it from the link I don’t think there is an update for it.

Now that I looked at it again, it says I’m running the Alpha version which is what the link downloaded and it says a beta version is available in the update.

Now I’m confused as well?

That was my confusion then, it isn’t the plugin that is saying there is an update but rather ClassicPress itself, correct?

Is it similar to the discussion here: UNPACK not working correctly? - #9 by james

I think the culprit lies in here, it should not be 1.0.0-alpha1, it should be beta

Migrating to ClassicPress will show this version number first and then prompt you to upgrade to the beta version. The upgrade prompt may be for the core software itself.

We are working on several options to improve this experience.

The “double upgrade” is fixed in the new version of the migration plugin 0.3.0, which is now available on GitHub.

The version that is installed after migration will be 1.0.0-beta1+migration.20181122. This is a temporary fix, and we will either continue updating this version after each release or come up with a more permanent solution.

@azimpact this is the first report that we’ve had of ClassicPress failing to upgrade itself after migration. Did you see this error every time? Are you still seeing it?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.