Migration plugin documentation

Does migration plugin have any links to the docs page? Maybe we should make it a bit more easier to find relevant docs inside the plugin. I haven’t used it in a while, I don’t remember. Last few sites I started with fresh CP installs.

Nope. As far as I know, all I got was that screenshot with links to forum, slack and github. It would be good to have that docs page linked too.

Linking to docs from within the plugin sounds good. Then, there is the docs page and there is also GitHub - ClassicPress/ClassicPress-Migration-Plugin: Switch your WordPress installation to ClassicPress. which appear to contain much of the same information. If we are keeping the docs page more up to date then the readme should probably be trimmed down and replaced with a link to the docs page.

I split this into its own discussion. I think the docs site would make more sense because the migration plugin is intended for users and they might not be comfortable with GitHub. Plus, sending them to the docs site exposes them to our documentation for everything else.

Plus, having this on the docs site allows us to easily update text without PRs, etc. So we can move quickly to make changes as needed.

We can sync changes from Github to the docs site and then we would need one of those redirect links (I assume) to send the user to the correct page.

1 Like