"Must Have" Plugins List

The import/export features of DesktopServer are specifically designed for WordPress sites. While I use Duplicator plugin for import into my DesktopServer-created local development environment, I suppose I can get by with something new.

DesktopServer supports for import: ā€œBackupBuddy, Duplicator, BackWP Up, BackUp WordPress, InfiniteWP, ManageWP & BlogVaultā€

I donā€™t see any of those on the list.

I did want to check on the Direct Deploy to live feature of DesktopServer. Iā€™m sure it is supported in CP but it never hurts to double-check, right? To use DirectDeploy requires host support of PHP File System Direct which is used primarily to ā€œupdate WP, install plugins or install themes without having to provide FTP or SSH credentials.ā€ I realize this must be supported by hosts but doesnā€™t WP core code also have to be written in such a manner to allow? I assume that as we can update etc now, that this aspect of CP wonā€™t be changed and that Iā€™m likely asking a silly question. Oh well. Wonā€™t be the first or last time.

I simply do not want to lose my ability to use the features I rely on in the premium version of DesktopServer, which I have relied upon since 2014. Iā€™m not quite sure how to go over those features here without loading up the forum with unnecessary verbiage.

1 Like

Fluent Forms doesnā€™t seem to have any payment processing integrations; maybe because they have a separate form product for that? (WPPayForm Pro)

1 Like

Due in the next quarter according to their Facebook group admin. You wonā€™t need to use the other plugin.

2 Likes

Just had a response from WPManageNinja, makers of the Fluent Forms plugin:

ā€œThe dev team confirmed they will continue the support for ClassicPress always.ā€

Result :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for following that up. Have given Fluent Forms the big green tick.

2 Likes

Updates Manager / Notification Manager / Auto-Update Disabling plugin: Yes, there is a need for that, because clickyclickyclick-happy clients who JUST LOVE :heart_eyes: to install updates without giving it any further thoughts :scream: :face_vomiting:

What Iā€™ve tested so far and can report as ā€œworkingā€:

• Easy Updates Manager - has some nasty nag screen for its ā€œsuggestedā€ plugins included, with a 6-month / 12 month dismissal option, but aside of that, its working flawlessly. Also works (so far) on Muiltisite
  • Webcraftic Updates Manager - works decent, too, but leaves out too many notices; but its base functionality, ie. disabling / enabling auto-updates globally or individually per item, is working as expected; Multisite: Its suggested to use Multisite Plugin Manager to individually enable or disable the plugin per site

cu, w0lf.

1 Like

Just like to add Beaver Builder to the list as a page builder. Works 100% on CP, and always will.

5 Likes

Has beaver builder said they will be supporting CP?

Iā€™m one of their developers, I should know :wink:

6 Likes

Just making sure :wink:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great news. Any chance you could add words to that effect on your website and share the good news?

1 Like

Iā€™ll try and remember to add something in the readme for .org and Iā€™ll have word about adding something on the site

2 Likes

Thatā€™d be great. Just as long as it doesnā€™t put you at risk of being blacklisted by WP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a history of wp blacklisting plugins that say they also work on classic press then?

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard anything along those lines. And many thanks for your support Simon. A page builder was one of the big areas we needed to cover.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s certainly a history of posts being removed from the forums if anyone should happen to mention ClassicPress.

Iā€™m sure it used to be the case that WP didnā€™t like ClassicPress being mentioned in the readme either but Iā€™ve just noticed this: Zeno Font Resizer ā€“ WordPress plugin | WordPress.org, this https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-taxonomy-order-ne/ and, of course, this ZigWidgetClass ā€“ WordPress plugin | WordPress.org, written by @anon95694377, a fellow member of the CP community.

So it looks like you should be OK but maybe @anon95694377 could confirm??

3 Likes

Thanks. Have added those in with summary of your comments.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had plugin repo support questions removed for asking about ClassicPress, but never had a plugin removed or suspended for mentioning CP in the readme.

Though to play safe, when I submit a new plugin to the repo, I leave out any mention of CP, then add it into the readme with the next release.

3 Likes

I will ask mika but Iā€™m sure a link is fine in the readme

3 Likes

@Pross - this comment was just posted on Slack:

ā€œI used beaver builder for one of my experiments in learning to build a site with WP. And compared to elementor/Divi free versions it seemed to me the best. It was easy for me to use/understand it. And to say I am not a fan of builders but I appreciated it, it says a lot. Happy to see them onboard.ā€

3 Likes