Options for "must-have" plugins

Akeeba backup just tweeted this:

Did you know that our backup and security software works perfectly fine with @GetClassicPress – not just WordPress? We’re fully committed to supporting ClassicPress, even when it inevitably becomes too dissimilar to its fork parent. We’re in for the long ride.

3 Likes

Oddly enough, I have everything else that Jetpack does turned off. As far as I can tell, only two of my 90 followers get e-mail alerts, which is why I don’t understand how they get notifications and like or comment. I would carry on alone regardless, but there are a few people who have stuck with me for years.

I should have checked the list first, but thank you for adding 2-factor authentication. I’m happy to switch to other plugins as and when they turn up.

I did wonder if column shortcodes would be OK :blush:

1 Like

May I ask another dumb question? I actually use over 20 plugins, but am happy to do without or switch as necessary. I’ve seen other comments about SEO and people seem to be using a different one to me (All in One SEO). Further down the line and if or when I have to switch - what will happen to everything I’ve typed into their fields? I have over 250 pages and it was a lot of work. If there is the potential for disaster in the future, I may consider going with Dev4Press now rather than creating more redundant stuff over the coming months :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a good plugin to migrate SEO data between plugins, it still works but it hasn’t been updated in a while: SEO Data Transporter – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

2 Likes

Oh dear. It looks as though my site isn’t quite as finished as I thought. I had no idea this was possible though, so thank you for the link. (Goes off to move all SEO to a new plugin…) :rofl:

2 Likes

Please back up your database before moving SEO data. It should work just fine, but I also haven’t tested it on CP.

3 Likes

It’s just been announced that Shield now supports scanning of core files.

5 Likes

@anon71687268 has just released Carbon Copy - “Copy posts, pages, and custom post types with a single click – including taxonomy and metadata! ClassicPress now has a native solution for one-click duplication!”

Great work… that was a plugin on the must-have list and we now have a definite option.

5 Likes

Man, you’re quick on the draw! :smiley:

1 Like

Not an express train, but close! :smile:

2 Likes

We now have a 2 factor authentication option for CP.
Thanks Zooey.

4 Likes

This looks promising for an image slider plugin…

1 Like

@spanner44 is looking for a CP-friendly plugin that emails subscribers when a new post goes up.

For further discussion please use this dedicated thread: Email subscribers and Notification

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Email subscribers and Notification

You might want to see if you can export your wp.com subscriber list as a CSV like this and then use a plugin like Subscribe2:
How to Export Subscribers from WordPress.Com
If this is no longer possible, I suggest you open a separate topic for migrating email subscriptions from wp.com without having to use JetPack.

There is a petition for integrating SMTP in core: Issues · ClassicPress/ClassicPress · GitHub

Whether that happens or not in the future, I think it would make sense to include in this must-have list an SMTP plugin, as this is definitely something that is required for most projects.

eg. Post SMTP: POST SMTP Mailer – Email log, Delivery Failure Notifications and Best Mail SMTP for WordPress – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
I pick this one because unlike similar plugins, this one has connectivity and diagnostic tests, supports common APIs also, and now has SMTP option fallback included.

1 Like

Good one! I have added this to the list.

1 Like

Closing in favour of a new thread that we will attempt to keep on topic.

1 Like