PHP Notice in ClassicPress core function

I’m getting this error on one of my installations:
PHP Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/[redacted]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 110

That is almost certainly being triggered by a plugin. The question is which one.

I have an idea which one (it updated when the errors started). I contacted the plugin author.

Hi Nyssa; I’ll mark this resolved, unless you have other questions?

No, not at this time.

I have had myself a very similar issue after updating a plugin on one of my CP sites, but not on the other ones. I just ignored it and encountered no error subsequently.

I can’t figure out what’s causing it. The plugin wasn’t doing it after all. I checked some other plugins; none were doing it. It looked like cron jobs were triggering, so I tried deleting them and letting the plugins repopulate; the errors continue. I FTP’d fresh core files to my site; the errors continue.

@NyssaTheHobbit I wouldn’t worry too much about this, it’s just a notice. Still, if you want to track it down, here’s the place to start.

What’s on wp-includes/functions.php line 110?

This varies by ClassicPress version, and looking at it here I see $dateformatstring = ' '.$dateformatstring; which isn’t especially helpful by itself.

The next step beyond that is to get a full stack trace when the error happens.

It’s a notice that’s cluttering up my debug file. :stuck_out_tongue:

What is a stack trace?

From Wikipedia:

A stack trace allows tracking the sequence of nested functions called - up to the point where the stack trace is generated.

In other words - not just line 110 of functions.php, but the entire code path that caused this line to be executed with a notice.