Possible conflict with update manager images?

That’s what’s throwing me too. I’ve checked and all three plugins have their own namespace.

But adding the plugin slug might not be a bad idea anyway.

1 Like

Sorry if my answer is wrong but i’m checking it all over mobile. When using filters provided by update manager for assets you must check if the initial value deals with your plugin (search for plugin slug inside path).

Changing the image dir globally will result in changing it for every plugin using UM. Namespaces are not involved in this process.

6 Likes

Thanks Simone, that makes sense.

But perhaps the responsibility is with the updatemanager class to keep the filters unique?

4 Likes

Well, no matter what the ‘best’ solution is, I’ve released 1.0.3 of ZP Image Control so that we can see if it solves the problem.

This version uses Simone’s suggestion of checking the path in my filter functions.

To see if it solves the problem, there should be no other ZP plugin active while testing.

Get it here: https://www.zigpress.com/plugins/zp-image-control/

Or of course Update Manager should push it anyway.

4 Likes

That works for me @anon95694377.

3 Likes

OK that’s great, Thanks for checking it out.

I’ll push the same tweak to my other plugins when I get a chance (right now I’m up to my ears in client work).

4 Likes

Thanks all for rooting out the issue and coming up with a workaround. I’m not at my workstation, but, will take a closer look at solving this at the root in the coming week. I’ll keep you posted. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That fixes it for me too. Thanks for sorting that out and the quick work on the update.

3 Likes

After reviewing the issue, I think @Simone’s suggestion is the easiest solution. I have updated the documentation for the codepotent_update_manager_image_path and codepotent_update_manager_image_url filters to reflect this finding.

Thanks again for everyone’s help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK, that’s fair enough. Though if time permits I think making the filter names unique (by incorporating the plugin slug or basename) would increase resilience (i.e. be more developer-proof :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

I wouldn’t spend any more time on this, let’s not forget that these filters are a temporary solution. Our directory is now being actively developed in preparation for an alpha release with our community.

4 Likes

I don’t plan to put time in on it soon, but, eventually. It’s likely that some will continue using Update Manager even after the directory launches. For example, those with premium offerings will still need a way to update their customers’ installations from a private codebase. Of course, I’m still interested in using a CP-managed gateway for a slice off the top.

5 Likes

The repo is now private, but, this issue is still active.

3 Likes

It’s also really useful for those with personal plugins (like my utility plugin). I can’t see myself adding that to any official directory but I’d like to be able to keep using your plugin to push updates to all my sites.

6 Likes

Good point, @ozfiddler – that could very well be how most people are using it right now.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.