Process for discussing a mod's decision

What is the process for someone to question/discuss/dispute a decision by a moderator?

All I can find is this in the FAQ section: “If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let’s discuss! If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via the staff page.”

The first link takes you to a public part of the forum. The staff page mentions @BlueSkyPhoenix, @james, @wadestriebel and @scott - are these the people to contact to discuss a moderation issue?

2 Likes

Hi @ozfiddler — yes, @wadestriebel is the Community Lead so he’s your best choice but any of us can help except for maybe Scott, who has needed to be away from ClassicPress for personal reasons and so may not be able to respond.

2 Likes

Sending a message to @moderators or @admins is the best course of action. Or reaching out directly to me.

We can’t create a category where everyone can create a post but only that person & mods can see it.

2 Likes

I don’t have any issue myself. I was just wondering what the process was for someone who did. It doesn’t seem to be very clear.

I had no idea you could send a message to @moderators or @admins.

It might be worth making this clearer so Scott doesn’t get bothered unnecessarily.

4 Likes

This is a side tangent, but most team groups you can message - ie the moderators, admins, committee, and team leads :slight_smile:

I agree it needs to be clearer, this will hopefully be included in the new Community Guidelines, Moderator Guidelines, and TOS that are in the works. I am specifically taking my time on them as I don’t want any changes to come from a point of rushing into it.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.