Recover Jetpack distribution list?

My formerly Wordpress blog used the Jetpack plugin to maintain a lis t of email addresses that would get notified for each new blog post. I moved the blog to ClassicPress without realizing that Jetpack is unsupported here, and therefore my email distribution list is no longer accessible.

My first thought was to clone the ClassicPress blog to a new subdomain location, install a clean Wordpress at the original domain, activate Jetpack, and retrieve the mailing addresses from there. Problem is: I manage my websites via Plesk, and while it has good support for Wordpress, its support for ClassicPress is nil. The clone website function is not available. It has been years since I cloned a Wordpress install by hand.

Has anyone encountered and solved this issue?

I would use the Switch to ClassicPress plugin to switch back to WP. First, install and activate the ClassicPress Directory integration plugin to get access to the CP Directory, then install and activate the Switch to ClassicPress plugin.

This has a field where you can paste the download link for any version of either CP or WP. Once you’ve switched to WP and retrieved the addresses, you can then use the same plugin to switch back to CP.

First, you can manually install CP on Plesk without an installer using Plesk own create DB and file manager. I am on Plesk myself, this in case you want to build an entire new site to migrate the content to.

In that case I would recommend you avoid the switch to CP from WP because WP as of now has included in their fresh install all the bits needed to transform it to a multisite (that in case you need it are ok and if not just sit there and take up space for no real reason) and when switching to CP these bits and pieces do remain there.

However you can really save time and the hassle of moving everything just by making sure you have a theme that works with CP, all your plugins work with CP and using the switch to CP as Tim suggested - in your case this saving time I think is what might be best for you given you already have content ad a site structure to respect.

Second thing: once you have your list downloaded from the JetPack plugin for your blog I think you can put it into the Subscribe2 for ClassicPress plugin that is for managing subscribers lists and notify them of new posts.

Thank you both timkaye and ElisabettaCarrara! I’m in process but having trouble getting Jetpack to connect up with the (now WP) site — probably XML-RPC woes, and they seem to be quite common. I’ll update here when I get past that.

One idea here, I may be wrong: if you were using Jetpack, it means you had a wordpress.com account. Can you not log in there and download/export your subscribers?

Thanks, good thought. I never could find the email distribution list from the logged-in wordpress.com account.

But good news: with help from the Jetpack support people I did manage to get reconnected and now have access to the email list.

You can close this topic as Solved.