Remove directory links from public view till it is fixed?

:innocent:

We Christians call that faith. I too am firmly believing that CP will succeed.

1 Like

I also noticed Elisabetta’s issue. The problem seems to be that the pagination doesn’t do a proper page load - it uses Ajax to update the DOM. This is wrong in my view since none of the usual browser cues are shown to indicate that something new is loading (cursor change, loading indicator on the tab, text change on the tab, new page is scrolled to top position, etc). I do wish people would let websites be websites instead of trying to be desktop apps…

And yes, the dark grey / slightly darker grey pagination colours are seriously inaccessible!

EDIT: I also suspect (though can’t confirm) that Ajax replacement of a portion of the DOM, instead of just loading a new page, will probably play havoc with screen reading software.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t it be simple enough to add a scroll to top when Ajax is done?

I still can’t see the issue on a 15 inch screen but given many can I guess it’s an issue

If we ticket it then dev can look at this I guess?

2 Likes

Yes, it is an easy fix. We just need to reset the screen scroll, which is a 1 liner. I will see if I have time to at the very least get that deployed today.

This has been flagged before though: Pagination doesn't take you to top of page

My experience has been the same.

Some people will just “push through” these issues until they get their plugins submitted. I won’t, because I see it as much more important to report them and get them fixed, than to get my couple of plugins submitted right away.

A better fix, for usability and accessibility, would be to do a proper page load when paginating, for all the reasons I noted above.

1 Like

Not happening for security reasons. If you want to know more, DM me.

Congrats @ozfiddler I can see your plugin is up now!

Will we be solving the actual major issues we can solve now or will we continue the discussion as of how we all would do it better, without actually doing something?

I mean, I can’t see a single report anywhere related to any of the “major issues” we have seen here in the thread.
I shared a list of problematic devs and plugins, yet I hear (elsewhere, not in this thread) “The forum backlink isn’t mandatory on the dev profile creation, but will be soon. As soon as it is, I’ll contact the devs and ask them to set it”. Or “The version number automation is not yet live; this should be done soon”

So that means we willingly accept having total garbage on our repo just because the Directory did not, or does not automatically do the job.

That’s like saying “We will not update ClassicPress until it updates automatically. Let’s stay on outdated versions until then”.

It takes (hopefully) the push of a button to unpublish a plugin on our repo. Can we at least remove those that infringe the branding and those that are “tested up to WP 3.x”???
Maybe before we do changes to any link colors or scroll behaviours?

The list is shared, it is not complete, but there are actionable tasks on it.

2 Likes

Thanks James. Good to know that it was at least considered before being rejected for a valid reason.

2 Likes

I made a start on mine, it is set to be editable by whoever has the link.
Find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1197I5Z40f2Lh8-Jnl8IbLJ6GiNfUdBmVelPppPT4opw/edit?usp=sharing
I will go down the list using the All Plugins filter, anyone is welcome to suggest improvements/edit it.

2 Likes

With the migration to the ClassicPress-based directory, topics related to the Laravel directory will be closed.