Reply by email

I received a forum notification email that included a note saying I had to visit the topic to respond. Just wondering if there’s an option to reply-by-email option? I can’t find a preference to enable it.

3 Likes

There may be a Discourse plugin for this. At the moment this is a question for @wadestriebel.

Ah, ok… I went over the settings like 4 times before asking. It’s always so embarrassing when something is hidden right in plain sight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be nice, I will look into this :slight_smile:

It is possible, just not simple to set up:

Backend settings:
26%20PM

I’m not looking to add more work to anyone’s plate. Maybe just file this one under “nice to have”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha no worries, there are a few plugins I am getting ready to launch so I can take a look at this next week :slight_smile:

Next plugin I would like enabled is the Perspective API… soon!

1 Like

That looks super cool! The entire internet (at least the comments sections) should be running that.

1 Like

Finally got to this (after we needed to test this feature for something else).

You can now reply to notifications you receive from the forums and they will show up (there is a minimum 5 minute delay). :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Got a notification…replied…got an email back:

1 Like

Did you send your reply from your email connected to your profile?

That is the only thing I can think of that would result in that error.

Edit: Moving to DM, I see the error :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Test message.

1 Like

@anon71687268 looks like this worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Test message.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.