Speed of development

The problem here is no matter how you try to persuade someone into believing what you are saying is right, the harder it gets, I am not saying you shouldn’t prove his point wrong, nor am I saying what you all are saying is a total waste of time. I just don’t believe or have faith in anonymous users (doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take input thou), and I currently feel we all have tried to respond kindly.

Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s

Anonymous: Cp is a big failure
Me: How do you want me to convince you CP is not?
Anonymous: You have to remove the bloats Wp added.

This is how I perceive the other guy’s thoughts, he isn’t adding any value or decisions on how to make Cp better, he just wants to remove everything and add a superfly feature '/.

About future reader - I respectfully agree, it shows the community isn’t just alive but one, irrespective of the culture or race.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Account Deletion

All this rant has highlighted is how decent the people here are. A lot of considered responses. Cheers :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I think that’s a good point @mathewcallaghan. CP may not be for everyone and I openly admit to having had my own doubts in the past. But it’s the strength of the community that has kept me going and convinced me that CP will be a success.

Just as a reminder, for any newbies or non-techies reading this, practically anyone can help move this project forward. Take a look here for more info…

6 Likes

I only created one account, the original one. The other one is not mine.

I’ve been coding for more than 20 years and I’ve been using WordPress for more than 10. I do know it’s hard work to build a product, especially a fork of WordPress, something that has never been attempted (successfully) before. It’s nothing personal, and I do admire your motivation.

I just want to see an actual future of CP, not just a fork which dies after a year. I have more than 200 sites with clients ranging from non-techies to tech-savvy. I don’t want to say, let’s move to CP, it’s better, and it’s going to be faster and more reliable, and then see how WordPress advances and progresses (even if we don’t agree with Gutenberg and all the fluff they’re pushing onto us). I want to be able to say, look, CP has done this and that and it’s actually faster. But after almost a year, I can change the login screen logo. It doesn’t feel like progress.

Again, don’t get me wrong, I do respect what you are doing, especially as you’re all volunteers. But there’s millions of us, developers, wishing for a better WordPress. And we don’t all want to contribute, as we don’t have time.

Keep going with CP, but I’ll take my time before migrating my clients and advocating for CP.

EDIT: I have a WordPress agency in Ireland, I don’t use anonymous accounts. I’m just saying my opinion. I’ll probably be back here in the future, adding more or less valuable contributions to the forums.

9 Likes

I feel you brother. Good luck with whatever you do! I haven’t contributed too (I personally know it is very important for me to contribute in any way I can), and I know how tedious, and super careful the team have been with the development, those guys left their time to add value to CP, it kind of hurts smashing those words above.

I agree it is your opinion, but sometimes, comments can read harsher than you may have intended, probably one of the reasons I suggested we should ignore and face other stuff.

Come join Cp slack channel, it’s interesting, I will give you some potatoes :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back and clarifying @ciprian.

I do understand your reservations in deciding whether to move all, or even part, of your 200 websites over to a new CMS. I’m still holding back on those ones running Woocommerce.

But for the majority, I’m happy to have them on CP because it means I can maintain them - they are working nicely, the clients are happy, they know their way around and there is really nothing we want to see any different. Sticking with CP means less work and less complications for everyone… and that makes good business sense.

I’m still not understanding what you or your clients would want in the way of “progress”. The main thing you’ve mentioned is speed, but I don’t expect CP is going to be markedly different to WP in that respect (compared to all the other possible variables… connection speed, hosting resources, image sizes, caching, etc).

I didn’t have to sell this to my clients because they do as they are told. :slightly_smiling_face: But if I had to, I’d be pushing the simplicity vs complication question. Do they want to keep doing things the same way as before, or do they want to learn a whole new complicated system that really has no extra benefits?

9 Likes