Testing Options for CP "Repo"

Is there a method for getting crowd source or open testing type testing of plugins, where community peeps can test a plugin [I] wrote; so that it can be critiqued as to its usability and compatibility; BEFORE [I] submit a plugin to Plugins - ClassicPress Directory ?

For example, there is a good “page builder” type plugin I wrote and it uses shortcodes for sections (blocks… LOL). It is tested on a site with CP and is verified to work 100% as a lean plugin that follows the philosophies of CP.

But before submitting, it would be nice to have a review of how-practical or how-UI/UX-friendly it appears to other users and plugin devs. (Plugin in question): GitHub - tradesouthwest/mixmat: Mixmat Page Mixer gives editors an easy way to sectionalize the posts and pages without knowing CSS or HTML.

Not asking for an inspection of plugin HERE. Posting here is to find out if this kind of community resource can be implemented.

3 Likes

It seems like the forum is a good place to ask for feedback. But there’s nothing wrong with submitting it, since you can always change it or remove it.

4 Likes

I encourage you to start discussions in Plugins or Plugin Support. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As @maiki says, best bet is to post in plugins and see if anyone can take a look for you and provide feedback. I’ve looked at plugins for people in the past and offered feedback.

3 Likes

Do you still plan to support this plugin? We should get it listed in the new directory. Feel free to PM me.