Continuing discussion from 2021 Goals/Projects
I’ll be honest, I haven’t given it too much thought as yet but one of the most important things is that it is actually useful. It may just be me but I’ve never used any of the WP Twenty * themes.
Off the top of my head, I’d be looking for:
- Uses classic editor
- No plugin dependencies & minimal other dependencies (e.g. jQuery)
- Child theme ability
- Mobile first
- Some basic options (e.g. header layout)
- Choice of home page layout (e.g. full width, fixed width, hero, etc.)
- WCAG 2.0 AA
- Translation & RTL
- Compatible with page builders, especially Beaver Builder
- EDIT: support for Classic Commerce
@james may have other suggestions.
Done. It’s called “Theme One” for now