Theme shop for ClassicPress?

As I sit here with my iced coffee, I was just thinking about something as it relates to theme development for ClassicPress…

Has anyone established an official theme site (shop) for ClassicPress “only” themes? I am actually giving serious consideration to creating one and begin developing themes for it; again, only focused on CP.

6 Likes

We’re working on a plugin directory, part of which will deal with paid plugins; it’s still at the design stage, but the logical extension is themes.

That’s not to say “don’t do it”, just a heads-up for where we’re going.

3 Likes

Working on one.

ClassicDesigner ~ https://classicdesigner.co.uk (Not publicly available yet) will be a dedicated ClassicPress web studio that will also release themes and plugins for the platform.

I’m eagerly awaiting the directories @invisnet :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think we will need to handle themes in the initial version of our plugin directory or very shortly after.

Paid plugins and themes will likely come much later, and that’s not something that’s decided yet either, so there would definitely be a fit for third-party paid directories until then.

We’d also be curious to know what technology people end up using in order to make this work, since we’ve started planning what we need our directory to do but we haven’t started building it yet.

This thread is fine where it is, but for reference, here’s the subforum for discussion related to our plugin directory: https://forums.classicpress.net/c/plugins/plugin-directory

I was told that this is on the way, and will be added to the existing directory.

1 Like

I’m actually planning a new theme section at Rough Pixels where I will begin designing dedicated CP themes. Normally, I’ve been making one theme compatible with WP and CP as one, but with the changes happening with WP, this will no longer be the by the new year. So, I will be creating standalone themes for ClassicPress.

3 Likes

Yup, a theme directory is on its way for the directory. I personally haven’t had much time to push forward on it but will be able to get back to it in July :slight_smile:

This is exciting! Please keep us updated on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, make sure we add an accessibility ready tag to the tags one can add in their theme uploads and submissions!

2 Likes

Definitely, I think we should make that a filter too :+1:

1 Like