Theme_support( 'html5' ) was called incorrectly. HTML5

I have been using ClassicPress V2.0 since it became available.
I have installed every update available for ClassicPress and used the LazyPress theme
Everything worked fine until several updates ago I get this message when I use the lazyPress theme, and I have had to revert to the Twenty Eleven theme.
The message: Notice: Function add_theme_support( ‘html5’ ) was called incorrectly. HTML5 is the default Please see Debugging in ClassicPress for more information. (This message was added in version CP-2.0.0.) in /home/mid49380/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5874
I am not a programmer and have no idea how to fix whatever is causing this problem.
Please help me, regards John

@viktor and @MattyRob does this have to do with that thing you did to deprecate previous versions of html?
It seems that.

Deprecation notice: Version 1.7 is the last version to support XHTML. HTML5 will be the default doctype. Make sure your theme does not use XHTML. Themes will no longer need to declare HTML5 support using add_theme_support( 'html5', array() ) function.

This is from ClassicPress 1.7.
If you want you can get rid of the deprecation notice by removing from cosmobit’s functions.php add_theme_support( 'html5' ,.....

This is all linked to the changes we made for better HTML5 compatibility by default:

The _doing_it_wrong() call should only ever trigger if WP_DEBUG is true and that is not advised on production sites. It is unclear where this message is being see - is it on screen or in log files?

Either way, it is worth checking in wp-config.php file to make sure WP_DEBUG is not being used.

@Johnty If you like the TwentyEleven theme then I have a child theme for it that is made specifically for ClassicPress. If you want to try it you can download at: Elevenwider Child Theme for Twentyeleven – ClassicPress Themes by TSW

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.