This is my notice of intent to stand as a candidate for the Management Committee in 2020.
I’ve been part of the Community for almost a year and there’s no doubt that I am now well and truly rooted in the ClassicPress camp. Since joining the community, I believe that I have made a noticeable investment in helping to move ClassicPress forward. As well as being a regular contributor in the forums, I have also:
- Lead the development of the first SEO plugin specifically for CP
- Lead the initiative to get ClassicPress added to Installatron
- Created a cPanel Feature Request for a ClassicPress cPAddon to be created and initiated dialogue with several other companies (ongoing)
- Helped with the new ClassicPress website particularly in the areas of optimization
- Assisted with the generation and management of the CP logo
After working in IT management for 15+ years (10 years as Head of IT / IT Director), I believe that I would bring a good range of skills and experience to the management committee. Moreover, I’ve always remained a techie at heart and have never lost my thirst for tinkering and tweaking. Thus, for the past 10 years, I’ve been working as a freelance web developer whilst managing my own VPS.
As a result, one of my key strengths is versatility. As you can see from my contributions to date, they cover a diverse range of topics, from technical to outreach.
Over the next 12 months, I aim to continue to help ClassicPress to grow in whatever way I can. For instance: plugin development, contributing to core development, helping with the plugin directory, raising awareness of ClassicPress at a practical level, helping with documentation and so on.
In a nutshell, I really do believe in ClassicPress and I’d welcome the opportunity to be part of the team that helps to shape ClassicPress into something much better than WordPress ever was or ever will be!