Unwrap Shortlinks (New Plugin Released)

Unwrap Shortlinks

Follows shortened links (t.co, bit.ly, etc) and expands them so that your blog post will point directly to the destination. It will automatically expand URLs from the following known link shorteners when you save a post:

t.co
bit.ly
ow.ly
j.mp
is.gd
trib.al
buff.ly
wp.me
tmblr.co
tinyurl.com
goo.gl
dlvr.it
fb.me
qr.ae

Note: The current version won’t follow a trail of multiple shortened links, but that’s something I plan to add when I have time.

Download

You can download the plugin from Unwrap Shortlinks on the ClassicPress Plugin Directory or install the CP Directory Integration plugin to install it from your dashboard!

Support

If you have any problems, requests or suggestions, please contact me on the Plugin Support Forum or open an issue on the GitHub repository.

5 Likes

I fixed a bug with detecting URLs at the end of a paragraph (probably only impacts the visual mode for the editor, not the text mode) and released a new version. I figured this close after the initial release I’d just add it to this announcement instead of starting a new topic. (Mods, if I should start a new topic the next time I release 2 updates within a couple of days, please let me know!) So if you have 0.2.3, upgrade to 0.2.4!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.