Update Manager 1.0.0 RC2

I wouldn’t say near future…but, it’s a logical progression. I’ve got a lot of projects on my plate, so, it’s not on the horizon at this point. That said, I’m receptive to PRs that follow the Contribution Guidelines. :slight_smile:

10 is my limit. Any more than that and I get a WSOD.

I really had no idea what I was doing when you first released the plugin. I was way out of my depth. I couldn’t understand what the plugin actually did or how. Then I had to restructure my plugin for the extra folders and the all-important Update Client file.

But that’s how I learn anything - by doing. With RC2, I had to go over how it all worked in my head again. It didn’t take long though, just a matter of over-writing that file and tweaking it.

Once you have the final release, I can go through the joy of updating my plugin on GitHub.

1 Like

While it’s always great to see others using our plugins and code, it’s extra awesome when some unexpected learning takes place. Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

This year has certainly been extra awesome for me in terms of learning new stuff. I can’t quite believe how far my knowledge has advanced since joining the CP community.

3 Likes

That’s cool to hear! The more you participate, the more you learn!

1 Like

Last call!

I’m preparing to make the 1.0.0 stable release of the Update Manager plugin this week, so, if you have any last minute items, please open an issue. No issue too small – let’s perfect this thing!

4 Likes

I’m not seeing the stable release as an available update. Will it eventually show up or do I have to reinstall it?

i.e. it’s not released yet

3 Likes

I haven’t pushed it yet… I’m updating docs and whatnot on this end. It’ll be shortly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay. Sorry, I just had the email come through because I am subscribed to the GitHub project. Too early in the morning for my brain.

3 Likes

I just flipped the switch. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Done. All good. Thanks for that.

3 Likes