Update servers

There is a little bit of mess on where Update Manager is running and where plugins are looking for updates.

Classic Commerce

Since version 1.0.4 it’s looking at officialplugins.classicpress.net that does not exists as subdomain, but the right endpoint lives happily at classiccommerce.cc.
With Add plugin release Update Manager Client by xxsimoxx · Pull Request #347 · ClassicPress/classic-commerce · GitHub I’ve updated the client and, pointed to the right images without modifying the client and added opt-out for statistics.

CC Compat with WooCommerce

It’s looking at classiccommerce.cc.
Don’t know why but it’s hiding “view details” link in plugins page.

Classic Seo

In version 2.0.1 itìs looking at www.cpseo.net but the domain is not configured and seems that no Update Manager is running on it. But with Add new update server to Update Manager by timbocode · Pull Request #136 · ClassicPress/classicpress-seo · GitHub and so on the next release will look at officialplugins.classicpress.net.

1 Like

Hopefully @wadestriebel might be able to shed some light on this. I think he was involved in pushing out the CC 1.0.4 security update.

It may also be complicated by the move of classiccommerce.cc from my personal hosting to the CP ecosystem that happened earlier this year. :man_shrugging:

For me there is no problem about where the update server(s) will live.
I can do PRs to fix Classic Seo and CC Compat like the one I did for Classic Commerce when a decision is taken about update urls, but cpseo, officialplugins and classiccomerce must all be online until a version with the correct url is pushed.

2 Likes

@james where should we be running updates from?