Update tagline across social media profiles

This is to keep track of this. Some social media bios (and banners) use the old tagline. It needs to be updated to use the new tagline “Stable. Secure. Instantly Familiar.”

1 Like

cc @BlueSkyPhoenix when you are around. I tried logging into Twitter but it has 2fa :slight_smile:

@wadestriebel can you update the tagline on GitHub? Just noticed it’s not updated in the readme.

I updated the repo description, for the readme I need some advice on updates since we will likely want to change the smaller text too:

ClassicPress: The business-focused CMS. Powerful. Versatile. Predictable.
ClassicPress is a fork of WordPress that serves the CMS-based business website market. We empower the people who create and support these websites, including plugin and theme developers.

ClassicPress: The CMS for Creators. Stable. Secure. Instantly Familiar.
ClassicPress is a fork of WordPress that serves the CMS-based business website market. We empower the people who create and support these websites, including plugin and theme developers.

You’re right. If you’d like here’s an update based on what we have on the homepage:

ClassicPress is a community-led open source content management system for creators. It is a fork of WordPress 4.9 that preserves the TinyMCE classic editor as the default option. It is more secure, contains less bloat which improves performance, and has no block editor (Gutenberg).

Just one more edit, while you’re at it. At the bottom, update URL to point directly to donation page and avoid subdomain redirect: https://www.classicpress.net/donate/

And, I would also recommend editing the text:

Support the ClassicPress project by making a donation! :pray: All donations are tax-deductible in the United States.

1 Like

I’ve changed LinkedIn but will need to change the art for the banners – and I’m with family right now. Will get to this as soon as possible.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Should we mention 501(c)(3)?

Edit: thank you Discourse, I definitely meant the copyright symbol :wink:

Edit 2: Update is here: Update README.md by striebwj · Pull Request #750 · ClassicPress/ClassicPress · GitHub

1 Like

I was trying to keep wording to a minimum. Most people know what that means and curious ones can find more info on the donations page. But feel free to include it if you want.

1 Like