Using Divi Theme with ClassicPress

I have several sites currently live that use the popular Divi theme by Elegantthemes. They seem to be just fine and working as normal, using several Divi related plugins such as Bloom. I also have one or two sites using ClassicPress and the ElegantThemes Extra newspaper theme so if anyone has questions related to using ClassicPress with Divi please let me know and I will be happy to respond or try something for you.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this! The more verified plugins/themes the better :slight_smile:

Hi,

I understand that this is 1+ years later, but may I ask why you choose to use DIVI when using CP?

From my understanding, CP removes a lot of bloat from the WP core (such as Gutenberg) and focuses on security and about being fast.

Might just be me, but it seems contra productive to use a theme / builder such as DIVI (or Elementor, WPBakery, Beaver Builder or any other) if your aim is speed and security.

I’m interested in understanding your choice, that’s all.
I moved from WP 5.3.2 for ONE simple reason: removing the bloat from core.

2 Likes

Not sure if the original poster is still around; haven’t seen him in months.

Yes, these are some of the goals of the ClassicPress platform. However, users have many reasons for using ClassicPress aside of security and speed. Perhaps they’re tired of WP politics and decision-making processes; perhaps they want to be part of a different community; perhaps they want to help a new project to succeed; perhaps they just want to have a voice that isn’t ignored. These are just some of the reasons people have expressed.

The user didn’t say his aim was speed and security, though – he was simply saying he could help if someone wanted to use Divi.

1 Like

Those would be my reasons.

I use Divi because I’m a designer, not a developer. I create websites for startups and small businesses who want a professional, effective site at an affordable price point. Divi offers me a great deal of flexibility that I wouldn’t otherwise have without hiring a front-end developer – which would then be unaffordable for my client.

I use caching and a robust security plugin to ensure my client sites are fast and secure. I’ve never had a complaint, only happy clients.

I realize that theme / builders in general are a four letter word to most developers, and I get all the reasons why. I have deep respect for them and their work.

But not all of us can be developers.

ClassicPress came to be because we wanted an alternative. We come from all walks of life. I am hopeful that anyone that finds their way here, finds themselves welcomed.

3 Likes

I understand all of that, I just don’t understand the reasoning behind it. You get a less bloated version of WP by using Classic Press and then, on top of that, you add to the bloat by using DIVI. I will never understand the logic in that, but maybe that’s just me.

1 Like

Yes, which in itself, to me, comes across as 100% contra productive.
It’s like finally getting that slimmed down racing car and driving it out of the shop with the entire shop attached to its back, dragging it with you.

I will never understand the logic behind a page builder.

EDIT: since you closed the post I’ll say it here.
I don’t use a page builder and I do not recommend using one. At least not if you care about code quality output and speed.

I guess a lot of users don’t.

1 Like

In this case, I’d recommend just not using one.

1 Like

Closing this thread as it’s more than a year old. If there is additional discussion, please open a linked thread.

2 Likes