V2 release date?

Seems like CP2 has been in testing for a while now; any projections about when it might release?

V2 got a little delayed by the need to release a new version of v1 so that we could deprecate use of XHTML (in favor of HTML5) before releasing v2.

So far as v2 is concerned, we need to re-write the About page (which appears after an update) and get the HTML5 changes finished.

But we’re not wasting time in the meanwhile. We have used the time to add some new filters for the user profile page and to convert thew Add Menu Items field to use the disclosure widget for enhanced accessibility.

4 Likes

I can hardly WAIT for the final release of V2… testing has been going VERY well with the nightly versions, and I’m hoping to be able to deploy the release version on my production site soon!

2 Likes

Is there an ETA?

Not at the moment, unless @viktor has an update on that.

1 Like

Although no date is set yet, we’re very close to releasing it. I think we should discuss the timeline for release at the upcoming core meeting this Thursday.

6 Likes

Any updates on when you may be releasing V2?

+1 seeing forward to try it :slight_smile:

Are we there yet? :blue_car: :arrow_up:

2 Likes

“Sind wir schon da, Papa Schlumpf?”
(Context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OLC3RMgK8s)

… are we there yet? :slight_smile:

cu, w0lf.

1 Like

RC1 is coming within days :smirk:

Just to let you know, my site with V2 test is getting the following error again:

Current version: 2.0.0+nightly.20231130

Last checked on December 2, 2023 at 8:27 am GMT+0000. Check again.

Unable to determine whether a ClassicPress update is available.

You may be running a customized build of ClassicPress, or your server may be having internet connectivity problems.

Learn more about ClassicPress 2.0.0+nightly.20231130.

Did the update error resolve itself for you? The API server has been needing a lot of work done on it in recent weeks.

1 Like

It DID resolve. My test site is getting all the notifications now. Thanks!

1 Like