Volunteering my time

I’m up to my navel in alligators and fish here (what a way to describe my work!) but I’ve been looking at my schedule and I can agree to volunteer 3 hours every Sunday to help in some way. I’m a bit nervous about it given my life but I really want to try to help. So now what? Who can I talk to about skills that I can offer?

Any and all volunteered time is appreciated!

What team interests you the most to get involved in?

We have the following teams:

• Community
  • Development
  • Documentation
  • Fundraising
  • Marketing
  • Design
  • Security
  • Translations
  • Quality Assurance

@easternwawoman Here’s yet another idea: Encourage development of an official ClassicPress Secretary

The way we have been discussing this kind of task (keeping up with everything and summarizing/connecting), it will probably require more than 3 hours a week. However, even a little bit goes a long way!

A good starting point would be the following: in your opinion, what are we not doing (enough of) that we should be doing (more of)? What are we doing well that we need to be communicating better?

I’ve given some thought to this as well, (hope it’s okay to chime in here). I’m about as driven as snow in Siberia, but it’s always time management and prioritization.

I found this article here that seems to summarize what a Secretary for an NPO would do: https://www.nonprofitlawblog.com/duties-secretary-nonprofit-corporation/

So the following point would be dissemination of those duties. A central organizer who can round up most important information from multiple communication channels, track it, prioritize it, and funnel it to whomever is appropriate and then (to me) provide a monthly breakdown on a recurring basis. Close?

I think I might be able to help a little bit with marketing, and have given a few thoughts to others here…so maybe I should pick a day of the week, a set number of hours like EasternWaWoman and go from there as well.