“waiting for someone to free some space… (errno: 28 “No space left on device”)” errors

Well, I started this thread yesterday, after which the problem seemed to resolve itself, but now it’s… unresolved itself, so, let’s try this again.

I accidentally interrupted an image upload, came back to the Media Library, deleted the image, and ever since I’m getting these errors – you can see them live right now at http://blog.alexdaily.nl

ClassicPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_23e0_0.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `cp_options`

Warning: mysqli_query(): (HY000/1021): Disk full (/tmp/#sql_23e0_0.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device") in /home/square/domains/alexdaily.nl/public_html/blog/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2021
ClassicPress database error: [Disk full (/tmp/#sql_23e0_0.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM cp_terms AS t INNER JOIN cp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id INNER JOIN cp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag', 'post_format') AND tr.object_id IN (209, 209, 209) ORDER BY t.name ASC
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM cp_terms AS t INNER JOIN cp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id INNER JOIN cp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_format') AND tr.object_id IN (248) ORDER BY t.name ASC

The disk is DEFINITELY not full. The database is well under 1MB and I’m using under 2 gigs of my 20 gigs of data space. But database stuff is sort of over the edge of how far my knowledge goes, so maybe I’m misreading something here.

What’s the problem here? What am I meant to be doing here?

MySQL creates temporary files during various operations/queries. When they are successful, temporary files are deleted. Their names are #sql_*.

In your case, you can see /tmp/#sql_23e0_0.MAI.

Check your /tmp/ folder and delete temporary files like that. There may be more than one.

Make sure you have a database backup before doing anything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.