We are all in on ClassicPress (on IIS)!

Hi!

I am very excited to tell you that we just switched our WordPress multisite (5.0.3) to ClassicPress 1.0.1 without any problems! This is a company intranet site supporting 2500+ users.

Our ClassicPress multisite is running on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter (on VMware) and Internet Information Server 10.

PHP 7.2.11
MySQL 8.0.13

Some of the most important plugins:

Next Active Directory Integration
Pods
Advanced Access Manager Pro
WP Rocket
The SEO Framework (for sitemap preloading in WP Rocket)
Elementor Pro
Relevanssi Premium
Post SMTP
iThemes Security
JetBlocks for Elementor
JetElements for Elementor
TinyMCE Advanced

It’s good to finally be a part of the ClassicPress family! :slight_smile:

I wish you all a nice weekend!

Kind regards,
Jon

12 Likes

Wow! interesting use case. So good that ClassicPress can provide what you need!

2 Likes

Welcome!

We’re glad to see an official report of someone using ClassicPress on IIS - we don’t have stats on this yet.

So far there hasn’t been much of a maintenance burden required to support IIS, but we have come across related code and specifically decided not to make any changes (details). So, this is definitely an area where we could use help testing in the future if you’re up for it.

5 Likes

Hi James, and thank you! It just feels so right to be a part of ClassicPress.
Sorry for late reply. I would be more than happy to help out with testing on the IIS platform. I am thinking of installing a test environment on our VMware solution.

I can also help out with any language related work in the Norwegian version of ClassicPress, if you should need it. As a former journalist and editor, I am quite capable in the Norwegian language. :slight_smile:

8 Likes