Webmentions and IndieWeb

I went looking in the forum for any interest in IndieWeb because that is a community I am interested in, and found a reference to Webmentions in the discussion about removing Pingbacks.

As I am sure some people know, there is a full suite of WP plugins that enable various aspects of the IndieWeb protocols. I do not in fact make much use of them in my own ClassicPress site, although the bits I do use, such as Webmentions from Twitter, continue to work well.

I am not a developer and so could not help directly, but I invite anyone who might be interested in forking these plugins to drop by the IndieWeb discussion – which is also available via IRC, Matrix and Slack – to see whether there could be good opportunities.

4 Likes

My ClassicPress site is rather new but the testing I have done shows the Indieweb suite of WP plugins work well with ClassicPress.

There might be synergies for CP to have some level of contact with the folks at Indieweb.org

2 Likes

If possible, could you list the Indieweb plugins you use and work in CP? I think it would be helpful for others interested in Indieweb.

Also, if you ever chat with those plugin developers, I recommend asking them to mention ClassicPress compatibility in their readme.txt file. Beaver Builder readme.txt is a good example to show them. This way it’s easier to find CP plugins.

Indieweb plugins installed on ClassicPress and are working

Indieweb IndieWeb – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
IndieAuth IndieAuth – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Microformats 2 Microformats 2 – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Micropub Micropub – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Post Kinds Post Kinds – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Semantic-Linkbacks Semantic-Linkbacks – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Syndication Links Syndication Links – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Webmention Webmention – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
WebSub (FKA. PubSubHubbub) WebSub (FKA. PubSubHubbub) – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

There are more, these are just the ones I use and can verify.

@viktor I did pass along your request to mention ClassicPress to one of the lead plugin maintainers and he said he would.

2 Likes