What happened to the plugin 'Enriched Editor'?

Originally developed by CodePotent; not sure who picked it up when he left. It’s not listed on plugins site.

Can it still be downloaded somewhere?

1 Like

James adopted the plugin from Code Potent, but he’s disappeared. @Simone plans on forking it soon. So it will end up in directory soon. If you need it now, the latest version can be found here:

3 Likes

Thanks. With James gone, who’s our lead developer now?

@MattyRob is leading core development, with multiple contributors helping. There’s a PR review meeting every Thursday on Slack (today). I’m hoping to start getting transcripts like we did before, so there’s visibility in what happens with core.

4 Likes

I’m going to fork PHP Error Log Viewer, another plugin written by @anon71687268 and then adopted by James. You’ll see it very very soon.

About Enriched Editor if no other is willing to fork (if someone wants I’ll give the best help I can) and there is interest about it I’ll fork it too.

5 Likes

I’d love for you to fork Enriched Editor.

4 Likes

James did take ownership of the plugins, but, he didn’t take care of them in any way.

Thanks @Simone for ensuring these plugins live on.

PS. I went to delete my Slack account and found that James is still the owner. Heads up.

3 Likes

Thanks, we’re working on it.

3 Likes

Hey John, we miss you!

5 Likes

I don’t know him because I arrived later. I can’t miss someone I don’t know.

Just saying… @anon71687268 : new directors, fresh motivation, at least… keep staying around in read mode! :wink: Maybe the flame wakes up again.

3 Likes

FYI: I tested enriched editor 1.0.1 with 1.4.2-rc1 yesterday it seemed to work fine.

3 Likes

Done!
Enriched Editor is back :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks, @Simone!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.