What paid extensions/plugins are you using with WooCommerce?

I am working on compiling a set of code snippets for CC but these are very limited in scope. There will still be a demand for commercial plugins/extensions that provide much more complex functionality. This is a good opportunity for developers in our community to step in and fill that need (and generate some income for themselves).

It might be worth compiling a list of the paid plugins we are currently using with WooCommerce, so that developers can start considering which ones they might like to take on.

Mod edit: split the question off to a new thread: Ethics/legalities of forking a commercial plugin

3 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ethics/legalities of forking a commercial plugin

For me,

WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts (or similar plugin for quantity based discounts or BOGOF)

Mail chimp for Woocommerce

Lack of those would stop me using Classicpress and so sadly, back to WP if CP is no Longer compatible for Woocommerece which I believe is looking likely

2 Likes

I think they are compiling this list to prepare alternatives to those plugins to be used with ClassicCommerce once a stable release for it is ready.
I tested ClassicCommerce on a test site, and it is a very straightforward and smooth plugin. And it’s a fork of WooCommerce, built specifically for ClassicPress. So maybe no need to go back to WP.
I read in another thread (I am on mobile and not able to retrieve it right away) that ClassicCommerce is able to recognize WooCommerce products and settings without hickups. I have to say the truth, I tried setting it up as a “fresh install” and I haven’t tried it on a site with woo, but this has been tested and I trust the people who develop this fork. (I have a personal project I am developing which may benefit from CC, so thank you from the deepest of my heart)

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I assumed, just saying without those the stable ClassicCommerce would not be useful for me :frowning:

2 Likes

There’s still some way to go before Classic Commerce will be ready for final release but we are getting there.

The important thing to note is that many plugins that work with WC will also still work with CC. Essentially, any plugin that works with WC 3.5.3 is almost certain to work with CC. We have developed a separate addon compatibility plugin for this very purpose.

I have personally tested 20+ plugins and have yet to come across one that doesn’t work. One of those plugins just happens to be WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts (by RightPress).

I haven’t tested Mailchimp so if anyone fancies doing that, we’d appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

Thanks Mr Lucky. I’ve just been looking at this one…

This actively maintained extension can easily replace multiple tools – use it for regular sales, promotions, special offers, bulk pricing, tiered pricing, bundle pricing, deals of the day, flash sales, wholesale pricing, member pricing, individual pricing, loyalty programs, behavioral pricing, location-based pricing etc. You can also conditionally increase prices or charge extra fees when needed.

So it’s $49… is that a lifetime licence? Anyway, it says its compatible from WooCommerce 3.8.x down to 3.0.x so that should work fine with CC.

I expect MailChimp integration will be a very important one and if there isn’t one that works then that will be an early contender for a fork. The one you mention is the official MailChimp plugin and they do say “We also recommend you update to the latest versions of both WooCommerce and Mailchimp for WooCommerce.” in the troubleshooting section.

To be honest, I see this going the same way as CP. Most plugins should work, but we will start finding important ones that don’t and we will gradually work to find solutions or alternatives. The ones needing JetPack and Woo Services will be the main problem area.

1 Like

Sort of But you need to renew for support or automatic updates. My sub has expired but I can still do manual updates downloaded from Codecanyon.

What worries me is that woocommerce updates are imminent that won’t support 4.9 and below…

I was actually starting this list to try and gauge what paid plugins were being used currently by WC users. When it comes to developers generating some real income for their work, then I think that Classic Commerce might well be a really good opportunity for them. People running an online store are very happy to pay for extensions that do a good job with good support.

So, I was just getting the ball rolling. Maybe there will a developer out there who will see something and think: “I could do that”. Even if a WC plugin does still work with CC, I’d be much happier paying someone from the CP community for something with the same functionality.

1 Like

That’s an interesting pricing model. DIY updates are free.

Yes, I stopped updating WC a few months ago for that reason. But if the product says it still supports WC 3.5.x then you should be fine. Of course, they could change that at any time…

Everything on Envato / Codecanyon / Themeforest is pay once and get 6 months’ support included. Then you pay extra for ongoing support.

An increasing number of developers are moving away from Codecanyon because they want more control.

1 Like

We now have a stable version of CC that is working well, and some new plugin devs have come on board so I thought I would bump this thread.

I’ve said before (but it’s worth repeating) that e-commerce is a very promising area for developers to earn money from paid plugins. The last thing a shop owner wants is a plugin that suddenly fails, especially if it loses them sales.

The main one I need is a Stripe payment gateway. I had been using this one which worked well. But there is always the worry that one day it won’t.

2 Likes

I agree. Two main plugin types that could be easily sold are payment gateways and shipping integrations. CC can be a great, privacy-focused alternative to WooCommerce if those 2 types of plugins are available. At least for the most popular services like Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, and USPS, UPS, Fedex, and DHL.

1 Like