What was the decision on CP? Was it option 1 or option 2? Need to know so I can decide if I will continue using CP?

What was the decision on CP? Was it option 1 or option 2? Need to know so I can decide if I will continue using CP?

ClassicPress v2.0 is getting close to being ready for public testing. It is a fork of WordPress 6.x minus all the block editor stuff. It’s looking really good, and we’re excited to get it into the community’s hands for testing.

I’m currently on 1.5.2… when 2.0 goes final, will I be able to upgrade right from my current sites, or will there be some pain with the upgrade.

Also, is there a post or an article that goes into detail about what 2.0 will do for the community?

We expect no major issues upgrading from 1.x to 2.0, but we can’t say much about plugin/theme compatibility with the new version. This applies to WordPress upgrades too. Plugins/themes need to be compatible with newer versions.

It will be important to test upgrading to v2.0 in a staging environment if something breaks.

We will announce more details when CP 2.0 is ready for public testing. CP 2.0 core is functional but has bugs. That’s our focus right now, including automated tests.

2 Likes

Viktor - thanks for the quick responses.

Bottom line; do you expect CP to continue for the foreseeable future? I can’t contribute much, but is there a link to donate to CP?

1 Like

Absolutely. No plans to stop. Lots of other projects are underway.

Any help and contributions are appreciated, and donations are tax-exempt in the US. You can donate through our Open Collective page :pray:

4 Likes

Good news indeed! :slight_smile:

1 Like