Which is faster...ClassicPress or WordPress? Here's the results of 100+ tests

Disclaimer: I did these tests a few weeks back, so, they were done before v1.0.0 dropped. Nonetheless, the findings were interesting. See the results of 100+ tests in four different PHP versions and on shared vs VPS hosting. Easy to read tables… :smiley:

Now to start all over with v1? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d like to. We’ll see if it can percolate back up my to-do list. It took quite a bit more time than anticipated.

Thats fair enough

Well, I know my sites are running fast…

I can’t believe how fast themes and plugins update too. Each time I hit the update and by the time I’m done blinking it’s done, I’m left thinking…Done already?

Great work team core…keep it lean, keep it fast and keep it awesome :slight_smile:

My guess is, that without the bloat and halfway-done integration of Gutenberg plus the additional endpoints and changes in the REST API of WP 5, to accomodate Gutenborg, everything runs a bit smoother :slight_smile:

cu, w0lf.

I don’t know if it’s the ClassicPress update or my theme switch or what, but the Customizer is working better lately, too.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
The easiest way to test the loading times. For the same site, same theme, etc. WordPress couldn’t be faster than ClssicPress for obvious reasons if the website is properly maintained.

I think the title of this post needs to be updated to not be in the form of a question. :smiley:

Is anyone opposed to nixing shared hosting from the next tests? This would greatly reduce the workload!

I would cut shared hosting from the tests :slight_smile:

If you’re comparing ClassicPress vs WordPress, then everything else (PHP version, server) can be held constant.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)