Which is faster...ClassicPress or WordPress? Here's the results of 100+ tests

Disclaimer: I did these tests a few weeks back, so, they were done before v1.0.0 dropped. Nonetheless, the findings were interesting. See the results of 100+ tests in four different PHP versions and on shared vs VPS hosting. Easy to read tables… :smiley:

https://twitter.com/CodePotent/status/1103284834741309446

5 Likes

Now to start all over with v1? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’d like to. We’ll see if it can percolate back up my to-do list. It took quite a bit more time than anticipated.

1 Like

Thats fair enough

1 Like

Well, I know my sites are running fast…

2 Likes

I can’t believe how fast themes and plugins update too. Each time I hit the update and by the time I’m done blinking it’s done, I’m left thinking…Done already?

Great work team core…keep it lean, keep it fast and keep it awesome :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My guess is, that without the bloat and halfway-done integration of Gutenberg plus the additional endpoints and changes in the REST API of WP 5, to accomodate Gutenborg, everything runs a bit smoother :slight_smile:

cu, w0lf.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s the ClassicPress update or my theme switch or what, but the Customizer is working better lately, too.

1 Like

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
The easiest way to test the loading times. For the same site, same theme, etc. WordPress couldn’t be faster than ClssicPress for obvious reasons if the website is properly maintained.

I think the title of this post needs to be updated to not be in the form of a question. :smiley:

2 Likes

Is anyone opposed to nixing shared hosting from the next tests? This would greatly reduce the workload!

2 Likes

I would cut shared hosting from the tests :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you’re comparing ClassicPress vs WordPress, then everything else (PHP version, server) can be held constant.

1 Like

My opinion and without trying to do any tests whatsoever between WP and CP is that fastest is by default the cms that allows you to do quickly and without any destructions your work.
I’m saying that because the average users who are the majority of those who use such cms, have to deal only with the cms that they are using, and not with all the other things that might affect the performance of the/any website like the speed of the server that is hosting it, f.e the speed of the internet connection, the plugins that might run, the PHP, the database and other such technical things. These are not issues that concern the average users because they are not able to control them most of the times. They are not all admins and they might not have all access to their server in order to optimize its performance to give you an example.

So if on top of these technical and out of the average users control matters, the cms is complicated, overloaded with useless functions and make its users spend even more time to write edit and publish something, then their whole experience becomes a nightmare for them.

And in order to speak a bit more personally:
I -as an average user that is a painter and not a sysadmin or developer or web designer- don’t care even if you give me the results of 10 millions comparative tests. All I know is how much time I need to spend in order to update my website.

Two days ago I’ve spent two hours to write, edit and publish a post of 840 pre-written in a draft words and ten images on wordpress.
Today I republished the same post in 15 minutes.

And that is the best performance test for me.

4 Likes

This is a very usable quote! :grin:

4 Likes

It is not just a quote… It is a fact. It is that I read all manuals existed to learn how to setup and customize my website ( which I made it from scratch all by myself) in order to end up breaking my nerves during the process of doing the exact task that I made up this website for.
To publish a damn post once or twice a month!

Those who decided to change this damn editor ( sorry for my language… I’ve turned a bit mad this week) don’t give a ( I don’t want to say it) about their final users’ businesses.

It is obvious that they don’t understand that the people that use platforms like WP, use them for their job and might make their living from their websites.That they have paid for the hosting, for the domain name, for the plugins for whatever expense imaginable from their own pockets to end up with a platform that doesn’t help these users to do effectively their work!

Sorry but I really don’t care what tests, reviews or statistic might say. And I don’t own loyalty to anyone who doesn’t respect my efforts to set up an online business. If they don’t respect me and take me seriously I don’t respect them either.

9 Likes