Which PHP version is best for CP V2?

I currently am running my production site with CP V2 rc1, using PHP 8.1 version. Is anyone running PHP 8.2 or 8.3 on their sites with CP V2 rc1? I don’t want to switch unless someone here can verify that those PHP versions are working well on their site(s). Thanks!

Unit tests for PHP 8.2 are still experimental, but I have 2 production sites running on PHP 8.3 without any trouble.

In PHP 8.2 and later, setting a value to an undeclared class property is deprecated and emits a deprecation notice. So if you have debug on likely you’ll get tons of notices from plugins that have not fixed this yet.

1 Like

I am running my production sites on PHP 8.2 without any issues.

1 Like

I’ve just tested my site with 8.2 - except for some annoying OOP BS errors (PHP deprecation errors, which are mostly about the PHP favorite style of OOP and not OOP in general), all is well.

cu, w0lf.

1 Like

8.2.+ has worked for me for both 1.7 and 2.0 rc1.

2 Likes

Greetings!
My blog site with ~ 200 posts (ClassicPress 2.0.0-rc1+nightly.20240209) on shared hosting had PHP 8.2 till yesterday and literally this morning I switched to 8.3. I had briefly tested on the staging site before the switch, but so far seems to work.

1 Like

Running 8.2.7 on my site, zero issues with CP 2.0rc

1 Like

The same here, php 8.2.7 and testing CP 1.7.2 and 2.0.0-rc1+nightly.20240212 and no issues.

1 Like

Yep, same here, been running php 8.2x in production (at a clients request lol) on a few ecomm sites for 6 months now on various CP V2 releases with no issues!

1 Like

I am running live site on shared hosting with
PHP 8.3,
directadmin 1.661
litespeed 6.2.1
mysqld 10.11.7

Most plugins work, except Markdown, so that is a plus. This is a blog with mixed media posts, no woo/ecomm or advanced features. Hope that helps.