White screen of death when I'm trying to make a new post

It is possible for a theme to cause this behaviour…

So worth trying a default theme just to rule that out.

Why now?
The problem occured after I tried to change a permalink, and that after I got the last CP update. I’m not though sure when I got the new release because it updates automatically and if I had made any other post prior to the update.

The last post I did and it was on 9th of October.
I had a backup from 29th of Septemper and when I re uploaded the database I lost the 9-October post that I was able though to put it back with the same date.

But I can’t post anything else.

Anyway… I’ll switch to the original theme without the modifications to see if it is going to work.
Keep in mind though that neither the modified nore the non modified version of the theme have received any updates.

I did it. I switched to the unmodified version of my theme.

Same result.

Where can I get the previous CP release?

Do you have ftp access? Another thing that has worked for me in the past with unknown weirdness is to go in and rename .htaccess - just use something like .htaccess-x.

I have everything. Ftp and cpanel access.
But it would be more convenient if I renamed the file fromt he cpanel.

What it is supposed to do this? I mean to rename the .htaccess to something else?

My .htaccess writes among other things some directives for Classic Press and for the cpanel it self.

Resume in order not to lose any episodes!

I replaced the database,
I switched to the unmodified version of the theme,
I checked the error logs withoug findind any errors
I disabled from cpanel all the plugins
I disabled and uninstalled individually the plugins
I optimized the reuploaded database
I cleaned the already cleaned cache
I’ve changed the page that the posts are asigned
I checked for corrupted posts
I removed and replaced the photos with others that were checked for any strange characters on their file names and without metadata
I changed browser
EDIT: I reinstalled the current release
and the only thing I haven’t done yet is to downgrade to the previous release.
I have tried whatever you suggested along with whatever I could imagine.

Any other suggestions?

Can you check the console for errors? Specifically JavaScript errors. I had an issue once with a plugin that conflicted with some code of the dashboard and returned a wsod (white screen of death).
I think it may not be the case since you deactivated them and it was giving the wsod all the same, but just in case try checking it to see on the wsod if the console returns something that can sparkle a light about where the issue is occurring.

Can you give me some instructions on how to do this?
For which console we are talking about and what sort of commands I have to give in this console to see if there is an error.

I did another thing too, I switched to a completely different theme. I got the same results.

I also scanned the website for malware with a tool that has the cpanel and I got this entry that I don’t know if that has something to do with the problem.
tmp/analog/cache YARA.eval_post.UNOFFICIAL

I searched about it and some say that it is a false positive and others say that it is malware depending always of where this is detected.

There is an option either to quarantine it, eliminate it or ignore it. Should I get rid of this or if I do so it will explode the universe?

ETA: Perhaps I should to try to downgrade to the previous release.

Try making a post. When the wsod comes out if you use chrome right-click the mouse on page and click inspect. This will open chrome dev tools. In the top part you will see some tabs, one is the console. Select it and see if it has red highlighted lines.
Not everything in red that is there is noteworthy but sometimes it may be the culprit.
As per malware, I don’t know about that so before giving you an answer i have to understand it myself.

Ok thank you… wait a little and I’ll be back.
I have to fix the problem today because I have to post a collaboration article. I can’t delay it any longer.

Ok… I’m back… that was pretty fast. Written with red letters and it indicated two errors in a red circle.

Failed to load resource: the post.php:1
server responded with a status of 406 ()

I’m readiing this now.

It mentions the release update among other things.

Hmmm. 406 usually means that the browser is requesting something that the server doesn’t understand or can’t deliver. It could be an invalid character set or language setting, something like that.

I don’t think you’ve tried this yet (unless I’ve missed it) but, first of all, can you try a different browser.

I have already tried a different browser and I got the same result. My browser is the Iron and I tested it with Pale Moon too.

I reloaded the post that it gave the white screen from the backup and I did the same with the console and here is what it gave:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘appendChild’ of null
at g (:1:615)
at HTMLCanvasElement.c (:1:324)
at HTMLCanvasElement.e.toDataURL (:1:1110)
at c (post.php?post=5698&action=edit:56)
at l (post.php?post=5698&action=edit:56)
at post.php?post=5698&action=edit:56
at post.php?post=5698&action=edit:56
load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,underscore,backbone,wp-util,&load[]=wp-backbone,media-models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=cp_ca570ce6:9 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://www.marialenasarris.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/skins/lightgray/skin.min.css.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

It looks to me as an editor error. Am I right?

Keep in mind that I have already tested it with and without the advance editor plugin.

She tried a different browser to no avail. I read somewhere up there…
But worth checking if console in other browsers’ dev tools give same error?

I’ll do it now. Wait a second please.

Sorry for missing that.

Quick question. Are you using Softaculous?

Try disabling all minification and clearing all browser cache…
Edited to add: if it is unable to interpret a resource to load it this can also be caused by aggressive minification.
Usually it’s better to minify css and html, but avoid minifying java since all backend relies on that for some essential things like customizer.