"Wordpress Security Updates"

This is something I only just noticed today on my primary website (after upgrade to RC1):

WordPress Security Tools

Includes: Website Antivirus, Website Firewall, Bad Bot Protection, GEO Protection, Admin Area Protection and etc

I only see it appear on ONE site that was upgraded, and can’t figure out how to get rid of it from my dashboard… has anyone else seen this?

2 Likes

Looks like something that would be added by a security plugin. Are there any installed and active? If so, which one(s)?

2 Likes

Yes - All In One WP Security WP GEO Website Protection (by SiteGuarding.com)

…but, neither one shows as requiring update. I’m stymied

The other thing that’s got me confused is that is says " WordPress Security Tools"… this install is CP RC1

Another classic example of bad authorship with “Dashboard Hijacking”!

Added by the latest version of WP GEO Website Protection (by SiteGuarding.com) and I don’t see a way of dismissing it. The words “WordPress Security Tools” are hardcorded in the function which has no filter on it to be able to change it.

I’d suggest taking it up with the plugin author for a resolution.

3 Likes

Just EXCELLENT… thanks so much for figuring that out. I just deleted that plugin… I like what it does for me, BUT it’s certainly not worth the hassle of their stupid screen!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.