Classic Commerce 1.0.0-alpha.3 release

Classic Commerce 1.0.0-alpha.3 has just been released and is available for download. If you already have alpha.1 or alpha.2 installed the new version should be automatically available from your dashboard in the usual way. Download links are below.

This version has the following changes:

• NEW: Add usage tracking notice & opt-out
  • NEW: Change template path to look for classic-commerce in theme folder
  • UPDATE: Improve CC/Woo activation logic
  • UPDATE: Change compatibility plugin warning message
  • FIX: Fix deactivating WC/CC issue and change notice
  • FIX: Prevent PHP fatal error when trying to activate WC while CC is still active
  • FIX: Fix for CC admin menu icon display issues
  • FIX: Prevent the compatibility plugin notice from appearing when it shouldn’t
  • Other minor tweaks

TESTERS NEEDED: We are hoping that with the next release we can move into beta. But, before then, we really, really need more people to test this out fully. We especially need people who are using extensions and plugins to try out Classic Commerce (and the CC Compatibility Plugin) and check whether those extensions and plugins are still working normally. This is a very important aspect of making this a viable project.

If you are currently using a WooCommerce site with some third party extensions, could you please clone this to a suitable test area and check it over to see if there are any problems. If you need more help with setting this up on localhost, or if you require some temporary server space online, just ask here and we can help with the arrangements.

Github links:

Classic Commerce repository: https://github.com/ClassicPress-research/classic-commerce

Classic Commerce alpha.3 download: https://github.com/ClassicPress-research/classic-commerce/releases/download/v1.0.0-alpha.3/classic-commerce.zip

CC Compatibility for Woo Addons download: https://github.com/Classic-Commerce/cc-compat-woo/releases/download/v9999.0/woocommerce.zip

All releases: https://github.com/ClassicPress-research/classic-commerce/releases

10 Likes

Great!!!

I’ve cloned an old, messy, heavy site, with tons of attributes and plugins. WP 5.3.2 WC 6.2.3.
Switched to CP and CC… everything was fine!
Here the plugin list:

+--------------------------------------+----------+------------+---------------+
| name                                 | status   | update     | version       |
+--------------------------------------+----------+------------+---------------+
| akismet                              | active   | none       | 4.1.3         |
| autoptimize                          | active   | none       | 2.6.1         |
| catalog-for-woocommerce              | active   | none       | 1.1.9         |
| woocommerce                          | active   | version hi | 9999.0        |
| classic-commerce                     | active   | none       | 1.0.0-alpha.3 |
| classicpress-seo                     | inactive | none       | 0.7.0         |
| contact-form-7                       | active   | none       | 5.1.6         |
| content-control                      | active   | none       | 1.1.3         |
| dynamic-featured-image               | active   | none       | 3.7.0         |
| favicon-by-realfavicongenerator      | active   | none       | 1.3.15        |
| hide-price-until-login               | inactive | none       | 1.0.10        |
| wysija-newsletters                   | active   | none       | 2.13          |
| mailchimp-for-wp                     | active   | none       | 4.7.4         |
| nav-menu-roles                       | active   | none       | 1.9.5         |
| porto-functionality                  | active   | none       | 1.0.9         |
| regenerate-thumbnails                | active   | none       | 3.1.2         |
| revslider                            | active   | none       | 5.4.7.4       |
| instagram-slider-widget              | active   | none       | 1.6.5         |
| switch-to-classicpress               | active   | none       | 1.2.0         |
| Ultimate_VC_Addons                   | active   | none       | 3.16.12       |
| updraftplus                          | active   | none       | 1.16.21       |
| pricing-deals-for-woocommerce        | active   | none       | 2.0.1.1       |
| woocommerce-product-csv-import-suite | active   | none       | 1.9.17        |
| prdctfltr                            | active   | none       | 6.2.3         |
| js_composer                          | active   | available  | 5.5           |
| wp-cli-login-server                  | active   | none       | 1.2           |
| wp-sitemap-page                      | active   | none       | 1.6.2         |
| wp-smtp                              | active   | none       | 1.1.10        |
| xsx-debug                            | active   | none       | 0.0.9         |
| yith-woocommerce-wishlist            | active   | none       | 3.0.5         |
| maintenance.php                      | dropin   | none       |               |
6 Likes

This is quite a bit newer than the current release of CC! I might expect some difficulties using any features that were added after WC 3.x …

1 Like

Sure! That site was build using WP 4.9 and likely some 3.x WC and got all updates till now so no new features have (likely) been used. I have been asked to host it and so did this test.

I wonder what exciting features we’ll find in WC 6.2.3? Hmmm… :thinking: :crystal_ball:

WooCommerce 3.9.0 has now been released. This is the one with min version WP5.0.

So I expect anyone using CP who updates will start getting nagging messages.

I am face-palming right now :joy:

@Simone I guess your site bumped the version of WooCommerce artificially in order to avoid getting prompted to update to the latest version!

2 Likes

The webmaster came from the future :sweat_smile:
But why to bump to 6.2.3 ano not 999.0.0?
Actually this is not the strangest thing i founded in this site!
Looking at the source code seems to be version 3.8.0 …

2 Likes