ClassicPress release plan discussion: Version 1.2.0

I’d like to schedule our next minor version release, version 1.2.0.

I plan for this release to contain the following changes:

  • Full compatibility with PHP 7.4.
  • Allow setting a custom image on the login screen.
  • Other small changes and bugfixes that generally do not warrant a new release by themselves.

As agreed at our January 2020 meeting the committee will vote on new minor releases. This is an extra step we are trying for the first time now, but I think it is a good idea to make these decisions more transparent.

This is a companion discussion thread to the committee vote. Anyone is welcome to discuss this proposal here. There are a few more details on the committee vote thread: ClassicPress release plan: Version 1.2.0

12 Likes

Just one thought James. Do we want to include the cp_disable_theme_update_notification mu-plugin in this release? I think we were originally aiming to get that into 1.2.0.

And on the subject of mu-plugins, what about including the generator meta mu-plugin?

EDIT - I’ve created PR #545 for the theme update notifications. Do with it as you will :slight_smile:

1 Like

mu-plugins should not be included in core directly.

We can address the theme update notifications by bumping the versions of those themes, but I have been thinking this can wait until v2 when we have our own themes.

The code to try to enforce the meta generator tag should remain optional.

3 Likes

Here is a PR that will fix this for new installations:

Right now there is lots more activity happening on GitHub to prepare for this release!

3 Likes