ClassicPress Widget Conditions

I have been using this for a while now with CP. Most of this code is originally from Jetpack widget visibility. I didn’t want to use jetpack but like the widget visibility options.

ClassicPress, control where widgets appear on your site
This plugin adds a visibility panel that lets you configure widgets to appear or be hidden only on certain pages.

8 Likes

Nice one! Added to the list of plugins built specifically for ClassicPress.

5 Likes

The addon has been updated to work with GitHub Updater.

3 Likes

Did you test this? For me it’s not working (or I’m testing wrong…).
Edit: in my plugin, not your’s!
Simone.

2 Likes

Hi Simone. I cleaned up some code and added the GitHub Plugin URI. It installed fine via the Github plugin and shows up in the list if installed plugins on the git tab within the plugin. I was going to bump the version to test the update process but did not get around to soing that.

2 Likes

Git tab?

Your screen looks a little different.

Thank you very much. Tested on other site works (1 work 2 don’t).
If someone is interested, I’ve got 2 notices:

Notice: Undefined index: gitea in /var/www/vhosts/postib.it/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/github-updater/src/GitHub_Updater/Settings.php on line 455
Notice: Undefined index: gitlab in /var/www/vhosts/postib.it/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/github-updater/src/GitHub_Updater/Settings.php on line 455

Simone.

I am testing my sites for upgrading to CP 2.0 and I have noticed that this plugin has not only stopped working but it seems to be causing problems.

Does anyone have a nice simple plugin solution?

I am using “Widget Context” on a couple of sites and it seems to work on 2.0.

Does anyone know of better choices?

Oops, “Widget Context” as fancy as it is, doesn’t do what this simple little plugin did. I was showing nav widgets by page ‘category’ and ‘Widget Context’ doesn’t seem to have that flexibility.

So I am back to looking for a plugin that does the job. :frowning: